Custom Stop Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Stop Strategy

Can somebody please explain how the custom stop strategies work in the ATM/DOM?

Step 1,2,3
    Stop loss Freq Profit Trigger

Thanks

Hello Baseheadz,

I see you refer to the Auto Trail stop strategy. It allows the stop loss to trail the market as per the conditions you setup.

The profit trigger defines when the stop loss will be adjusted. Stop loss defines at how many ticks the stop loss will be submitted behind the current market price. The frequency defines at how many additional ticks in profit the stop loss is adjusted again. For example, you setup the Auto Trail strategy below.

Stop loss: 6
    Frequency: 3
    Profit trigger: 8

This means that the stop loss will be adjusted when you have 8 ticks in profit. It will adjust to 6 ticks behind the current market price, which would be breakeven + 2. For each 3 additional ticks in profit, the stop loss is adjusted again to 6 ticks behind the current market price. 'Step 1,2 and 3' allows you to setup multiple Auto Trail strategies. More information regarding the Auto Trail strategy can be found at the link below.

Information regarding the Auto Breakeven stop strategy can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Stop Loss to Breakeven

Hi Jason

I have added a modification to move the stop loss to breakeven after a certain tick move, to a strategy which uses ProfitTarget and StopLoss exits. It doesnt trigger however, and the trade only exits if the target or original stop loss level is hit.

I used the code from the reference strategy discussed in the thread below.

There are no errors detected and the strategy executes perfectly except for this function. Are there any obvious things I could look at to see why this function is being ignored?

Thanks
      Last edited by ceebs; 04-29-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

ceebs, you would need to debug with print statement and the TraceOrders feature why you would see this behavior, does the order modification statement trigger at all based on your conditions and market?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Stopp loss mod ignored

Hi Bertrand.

No, the order modification doesnt trigger at all. I have dots enables and so can easily scroll back to see if a stop loss was moved to breakeven, but it never occurs. I have trace orders in the code but dont see any 'ignore' statements in the output window
          Last edited by ceebs; 04-29-2011, 08:28 AM.

Comment

ceebs, then what exact code snippet would you use to trigger the order modification? You would need to understand / debug why it does not evaluate to 'true' and then result in the order trailed as you expect. Is it dependent on ticksize and the market you apply it to trades in different increments as you expect perhaps?
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes