Cqg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cqg

are there any connectivity issues with cqg at this time?

Hello poeds,

I am not aware of any connectivity issues with CQG. I just tested a CQG connection on my end and I was able to get connected.

What happens when you try to connect on your end - do you perhaps experience an error message?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

thanks 4 replying
      no messages just kept disconnecting reconnecting typically 30 secs or a minute out
      then it just stopped receiving data and stuck on amber connectivity for ab 20 mins
      shut down nt restarted and no more issues
      so im thinking database not connectivity although it presents as connectivity

Comment

I suggest to check for software that could be interfering the CQG connection on your end. Think off firewalls and anti-virus software.

I do not see how the database is related to the disconnections. Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

If the issue remains, I suggest to contact your broker and ask what IP address and port number your CQG connection uses. Subsequently check if the IP address and port number is blocked/interfered on your PC or internet connection setup.

Comment

i used to get a load of disconnects from the historical data server
          and found they were fixed by deleting the db folder
          im talking about maybe 40 occasions
          and its beyond the bounds of possibility that the server coincidently reconnects at just that moment
          often i will open nt and the charts stored in the template open up
          but they show tomorrows date, this used to concern me but if i just reload historical data on each chart it shows the correct date
          it just appears to me that there are issues with the database
          i dont think the status of windows firewall or avast antivirus can change on a minute by minute basis nor by closing and opening nt
          if i had anything to do with cqg , zenfire or any other feed i would give clients a standalone heartbeat program that showed the status of the feed irrespective of the trading client attached to it

Comment

Hello poeds,

If the issue recurs, I suggest to check the IP address and port number that your CQG connection uses to find the cause.

Comment

where do i find them?
              i cant see them in the log

Comment

You will need to ask your broker - they should be able to provide you this information.

Comment

hi,,sorry
                  I have aquestion
                  1-if we open CQG account in any brokers,,can we connect ninja trader to CQG account? and trade live with ninja?
                  i mean,,wewant only CQG live account,,then we can buy ninjatrader live and trade on it with ninjatrader?
                  please explain completely

Comment

Hello RaminRostami,

So long as the broker is one of our supported brokerage partners, then yes the account should work. You'll find a list of our supported broker partners here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

my problem is that CQG margins are very expensive
                      i am trading dax future,,in CQG margin requarment is 15000$ per contract if i want to trade dax on CQG account,,dax future,, i must have near 150.000$ for normal trading
                      if possible ask CQG to put day and night margins,,that we can trade
                      thanks for your answer,,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rocketman7  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses