Scan market for to return max indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scan market for to return max indicator

If I create a group of instruments, is it possible to create a strategy in NT to scan the group and return the instrument in the group with the highest indicator value (say TSI or RSI)?

This would be possible in a MultiSeries strategy script, however for monitoring purposes our Market Analyzer would allow that type of ranking to be setup, too :

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      This would be possible in a MultiSeries strategy script, however for monitoring purposes our Market Analyzer would allow that type of ranking to be setup, too :

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_analyzer.htm
      Thanks for the reply Bertrand. I am really new to this. Can you please give me a bit more detail on what you mean by MultiSeries Strategy. Is there an example available that you can refer me to?

Thanks again.

Comment

Sure, for a MultiSeries strategy, please see this introducing article showcasing the concept :

For a full working example, the 'SampleMultiTimeFrame' script is installed per default with copy of NT.

Comment

Bertrand, thanks for your help so far. However, there are still quite a bit of loose bits of info that I still quite piece together.

Basically, what I am trying to achieve is a fully automated system. I want to code a strategy that will analyse end of day data of a group of instruments and identify the top ranked instrument based on indicator-set criteria. Then, still with the same code, based on a set rule, set the position size, trade direction, and other entry condition, actually automatically enter the trade and also set my exit conditions.
          If you tell me this achievable using NinjaTrader then I will keep persevering with it.

Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome Erick, yes developing this would be possible in a MultiSeries strategy though if you include position sizing and ranking across a bigger basket it would certainly involve some more involved coding to be done. If you seek assistance here from professional consultants, the following list would be of help :

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post kaywai
            by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
            6 responses