EnterLongLimit and Strategy Analizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnterLongLimit and Strategy Analizer

Hello. I'm beginning to work with EnterLongLimit() and this kind of instructions (until now I always sold or bought at market price). When I do simulated trading with market replay it works well but when I use the Strategy Analizer the results are very strange, it is as the analizer don't work using all the ticks of the period. I have the same problem when I work with a TrailStop. For example, I put a 5 ticks trail stop and the analizer simule that it don't touch the stop but in real trading it is touched and finished the trade.

My question is, is it possible that the strategy analizer work well in this cases? what parameter must I configure?

Thank you very much

Hello alibanez,

Thank you for your post.

When backtesting or optimizing a strategy with strategy analyzer, you are limited to CalculateOnBarClose = true. This means only the open, high, low and close values of the bar are available. Since no tick data is available, all calculations occur at the close of the bar and it sounds like you are running into this limitation.

For more information on discrepancies during back testing vs realtime please see the following helpguide article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ime_vs_bac.htm

You can add a second, smaller time frame to your strategy and submit orders to it for a finer bar granularity. Please see the following example that demonstrates how to perform this:
    You can submit orders to different Bars objects. This allows you the flexibility of submitting orders to different timeframes. Like in live trading, taking entry conditions from a 5min chart means executing your order as soon as possible instead of waiting until the next 5min bar starts building. You can achieve this by
    DexterNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM