Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello bidman,

Thanks for your post.

The 917.8 build is the correct build to use with NinjaTrader for the time being. I understand that IB will be dropping support for this version, but this does not happen until later in the month. We will have another build available by that time, but currently you should be using that 917.8 build.

When attempting to connect, does an error of some kind occur? What does the error report?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle -
      The active IB servers at the time were 'Asia'. The symptom was simply - no response. I was not handed back a security code - a normal part of the logon handshake.

Logging on via web browser, by ver 923, both worked. I also could log into 'Account Management'. Only use of ver 917.8 was left without any response. No error code, no nothing.

It was clear that on that night, with that version, I was not going to get permission from Asia.

Comment

bidman,

Could you please clarify, when you were trying to log into TWS Standalone 917.8 - did it appear if the login button was 'stuck'?

Can you launch TWS outside of NinjaTrader and try to manually log in?

Please let me know the results and we'll provide further instruction.
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cameron -
          I typed up a long and detailed message but your system logged me out and did not accept the message. Look, I traded all night on TWS 923.7 which I downloaded last night. I just skipped the NinjaTrader interface and created some TWS charts.

A security prompt comes at IB once I have entered ID and PW. I never got the security prompt last night, using your ver. I loaded 923 and I was trading in a few min. You propose that I failed to observe some error. No. I did not get rejected for error of ID or PW, but I never received the security handshake back from IB Asia servers. I have been continuously connected since around midnight, and things are fine, just cannot use NT. Why not just wait for an actual solution. Proposing that I missed an error message is not helping you. I reloaded your 917.8 last night. I have your latest ver of NinjaTrader 7. I had the same silence from IB on the reload ver last night of your 917.8. I was logged to IB, but they were not giving a security prompt. TWS 923 is working fine.

By the way, put a longer timer on you system. You are not giving me enough time to post answers.

Comment

bidman,

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put
            ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Include your Phone Number and a time that we can call you to schedule a remote session.

Comment

Hello,

i would like to ask if there are any news regarding IB connection to NT? In feb i upgraded my TWS and since then i can not connect to IB. I use 923/8a version of TWS. Any suggestion what to do and is it possible to connect?

Thanks

Comment

Hello bagzi,

What version of NinjaTrader are you running? You can check under Help --> About, this will look like 7.0.1000.x

With the current version of NinjaTrader, 7.0.1000.10, it is critical that you use TWS version 921.5. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 921.5 via the following link:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_921_5.exe

Once TWS 921.5 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Comment

Hello,

Im running the 7.0.1000.7 version of Ninja, will look to downgrade the TWS later in the day and will let u know if it works out. Is it critical to upgrade to version .10 in NT ?

Thanks

Comment

bagzi,

In order to use TWS 921, you will need to upgrade to NinjaTrader release
                    .9 or .10

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader. You can register your current license key which can be found under the Control Center -> Help--> License Key

http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Close NinjaTrader before installing.
                    Since this is an over-the-top upgrade, you will not lose any chart templates, workspaces or other custom settings.

Comment

Ok, i have both versions correct now but still cant log in. I have some message that my connection was actively refused by the server? Maybe something else needs to be setup here?

Comment

bagzi,

After reinstalling TWS you will need to ensure that you have the API settings in the TWS configuration set properly.

See the attached screen shot for the settings that need to be adjusted.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Forget about that, it is connected. I remembered i need to check Enable ActiveX. But i dont seem to get the ETF data, it requires some exchange information. Can u help me remember what to do in order to fix this?

tnx

Comment

bagzi,

Sure, for ETFs you will need to assign the exchange used by TWS.

Here are the written and video instructions on how to add an instrument from TWS, this uses SPY as an example.
                            http://screencast.com/t/ShiCvNgeg4r
                            • Enter the instrument in TWS, e.g. SPY
                            • Right click the instrument in TWS select Contract Info -> Details -> The Interactive Brokers symbol website will open.
                            • Take note of the BOLD exchange in the list, e.g. ARCA
                            • Open the NinjaTrader Control Center
                            • Tools -> Instrument Manager
                            • Search for the instrument to make sure that it is not part of the list or the name is not taken.
                            • Press 'New'
                            • Fill in the Master Instrument with the instrument label, e.g. SPY
                            • In the exchanges menu, check 'Default' and check the exchange that was BOLD on the IB website (ARCA).
                            • On the 'Misc' tab, scroll to the Interactive Brokers field under the Symbol Map section. Set this field to the same symbol it is in TWS.
                            • Press 'OK'
                            • Use the '<' Arrow to add it to your Default List.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Comment

Thanks a lot, it is working!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post drewski1980  
                              Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM