Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Account Performance never seems to work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance never seems to work...

Whenever I try and run an account performance on my live account it give me numbers that are way off. Currently it says I am down $6000 for the month, however I only have $6000 in my account, and should be up slightly for the month. I have never seemed to be able to get an accurate number from this. At one time when support was remoting into my computer a few months ago I asked and they said I had some large trades on my logs that I never placed which were throwing off the numbers. This seems to happen alot I guess. Is there any other way to electronically keep track of trades/account performance? That would be my biggest gripe about this software is that there doesn't seem to be any way of reviewing past trades with any sort of ease, which is odd for a service that you have to pay for.
    Last edited by Radkins; 04-29-2011, 06:34 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

Quick question, are you trading futures, forex or equities?

Finally is this on the Sim101 account or the live account?

Are all trades have a large value or is it just one every so often?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Trading Forex on a live account. The more I am looking into it, the more I realize that almost non of the values in there are correct. It it telling me I only had 2 EUR USD trades last month when I had at least 10, none of the balances are right. The GBP JPY seems to be where the large values are coming from. Is there any better way of keeping account of trades other than doing it by hand? Seems like it should be pretty easy for software to tell you where you made and lost money.

Comment

Hello,

Is this on the Sim101 account or the live account?

KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello,

Is this on the Sim101 account or the live account?

Originally posted by Radkins View Post
          Trading Forex on a live account. The more I am looking into it, the more I realize that almost non of the values in there are correct. It it telling me I only had 2 EUR USD trades last month when I had at least 10, none of the balances are right. The GBP JPY seems to be where the large values are coming from. Is there any better way of keeping account of trades other than doing it by hand? Seems like it should be pretty easy for software to tell you where you made and lost money.
          Not sure what trades have a large value but they seem to be GBP JPY. Whenever I do a searcho n that it is off by thousands.

Comment

Hi Radkins,

If you run the performance report and go to the Executions tab of the report there will be a column for the Rate. Can you please clarify what is detailed as the Rate for the reports where the data is incorrect.

Also, can you please clarify which broker you are using for trading of forex.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

rate for the GBP/JPY is .0123xxxxxxx. If I run a report for this week it is accurate at +232 pips. If I run one for last week I get -6000 net loss which is way off. There mus be some huge trade in there that I did not make. That is what happened last time support looked at the logs.

I think I know why my data for the other pairs in off. It is because I use two computers to trade with and it is only calculating trades for his computer and not getting the info from PFG.

Comment

Hi Radkins,

To address the second item first that would be correct. Since NinjaTrader is a local application the database will only run reports based on trades taken within the particular installation.

As for the report from last week when trading currency pairs that do not contain USD, the conversion rate is only possible when data for the pairs needed to convert the currency has data prior to the trade. Otherwise the rate will be set to 1. Now for the report last week if you go to the Trades tab it will show you which trade is largely responsible and then you can see what that trades rate is within the executions tab.

Comment

execution data for performance reports on multiple machines

Hi Ryan,

Is it possible to export trade execution data from one machine and import and / or merge with data on another (my new) machine with a different installation of NT to be able to run comprehensive analysis?

Many thanks

Comment

Hi bohtrader,

Thank you for your post.

The trade execution data is stored within the database, and so you could create a backup of the database from one installation and move to another. Each database with its specific trade information would be local and so when migrating the database you will not merge the databases and so your performance would need to be run in both installations since those executions will remain separate. To create a backup please go to File > Utilities > Backup, with more information at:

Then you can move the backup file from one installation to another and then restore:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Tim-c
                    by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM