Trouble with Automated Strategy Execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Automated Strategy Execution

Ok, here goes. I have an automated strategy that trades EURUSD. When the entry conditions are right, the strategy submits 5 market orders simultaneously. The orders are 60k, 40k, 20k, 20k, 20k. I also submit profit targets and stops along with these orders. Also, I use the managed orders process. Ok, yesturday morning the entry strategy was triggered and if I am reading the log files correctly, NT submitted the orders correctly but IB split up the 60k order into 2 actual orders of 50k and 10k. What happened after that is a little bit of a mystery but what I think happend was NT tried to pair a target and stop with the 10k order and IB rejected the order because the order was smaller than allowed. When it rejected the order, NT then flattened everything. I understand that orders get broken up but how or can I control this through a strategy? I didn't really loose any money this morning but I did miss out on a nice opportunity. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

What we need to find out is why the QTY was changed by IB and it was split into two orders. This is the first place I would look into. What is the exact message by IB on why this happened? Was it a part fill or something else? If this is an IB limitation then we can go from there and see if there is a way around.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DanielSanMartin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888