Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trade ES with IQ feed. Can only back test to 11/1/2010 why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade ES with IQ feed. Can only back test to 11/1/2010 why?

I talked to tech support at IQ they said I should be able to get like 5 years of ES. I do not know if this is daily or if it is tick data. I use volume charts. I can only get back to 11/1/2010. I have merge enabled in the settings. When ever I manually put a contract from a earlier date in my instrument list and try to load up a chart it will prompt me with a error with the contract date.

Only ES 06-11 works all the way back to 11/1/2010 why can't I get anything further back?

Tried adding the ###-### contract but same thing.
    Thanks.

Hello olingerc

Thank you for your post.

You will want them to clarify if this is 5 years of Daily, Minute-based, or tick-based.

When you go to Tools > Options > “Data” tab – what do you have selected in Merge Policy?

What is the interval that you’re using in this example (going back to 11/1/2010)?
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do have the merge data selected. I am able to get day charts and minute before 11/1/2010 but I am not able to get any charts like volume or tick before 11/1/2010. I have merge back adjusted selected. I have also tried to manually add a contract and try and download the data but it also gives me a error. It's like I only have the ability to look into detail the past 2 contracts not anything before. So I'm guessing it is just 5 years of minute bar's.

Comment

Hello,

I am unable to say for sure. Unfortunately we do not have a comprehensive list of what each data provider supports. It is best to contact the vendor directly for the most accurate/up-to-date information.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes