Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverse value display

Hello,

for the 6J future which is denominated in USD (currently ca. 0,012 USD per YEN) it would be very handy to display the symbol actually in YEN.

This would be just 1/0.012 , so 82 YEN = 1 USD.
    Much more handy and most people think this way around anyway.

Is it possible to change the instrument display in the instrument manager such that the display is done to 1/value ?

If not possible, wouldn't this be a nice enhancement? Very easy to implement on your side (newval = 1.0/oldvalue and swap the bid and ask values around and exchange the currency labels (USD<=> YEN) . This will work for any currency type instrument including the futures.

regards

andreas

Hi Andreas, thanks for the suggestion here - I don't believe this is currently possible to change with the Instrument Manager settings, however we'll add this to our feedback list for consideration and are tracking it under # 929.

Thanks,
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello zweistein (again),

Inverting values in my indicator is a breeze. You can find it here http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...t=38011&page=2

Comment

Thanks UltimateIndicator.

I am aware of inverting a price for indicator purposes.
        But I was pointing out the need for such a functionality in the DOM and Charttrader windows.
        More like a synthetic instrument, but simpler because only 1 instrument is involved.

Thank you for your hint anyway

andreas

Comment

Andreas,

But I was pointing out the need for such a functionality in the DOM and Charttrader windows.
          I'm sorry for being so pedantic but you didn't mention DOM nor Charttrader in any of your posts.

You still can use my indicator to invert price of the instrument in question, set my indicator to display inverted instrument as candlestick (or OHLC, HiLo, Line, Box) and use charttrader or DOM to put up a trade. Obviously, charttrader/DOM would still display non-inverted values. Still a bit awkward, but should work pretty good.

Comment

my post is written under the superdom and other entry windows category

regards

andreas

Comment

Hello there i wondered if there was any update to this and #929. Could this be implemented if a new bar type was created (as it happens i have done recently) and could the inversion code be done in the Add functions within the Indicator Type methods on bar creation? Just a thought and then the ticksize within the instrument for 6J could be adjusted?

Comment

soulfx, thanks for checking in. Unfortunately no update or ETA I could provide at this point, however it's definitely still tracking as active enhancement request and your vote is counted in. Your workaround idea would be worth looking into, to build the bars off inverted input data.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes