Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing ES overnight data in NT7 fed by ESignal

Hi,

My ES overnight data started from 00:05 monday instead of 17:00 last Sunday, (time is Central time zone). So it missed about 7 hours data. I am using US Index Future ETH session template. It's like this when I use default 24/7 session too. My data provider is ESignal.

I also tried NT6.5, it turned out to be OK. (e.g. In NT6.5, I got all the overnight data for last sunday)

Could you please check what's going on?

Thanks a lot......

Hi net4walk,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please close NinjaTrader and then sync your PC clock, as a preliminary step. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Then please create a new chart for the ES 06-11 and then on that chart can you please right-click and select Reload All Historical Data and please clarify if requesting the data directly from eSignal results in the loading of data.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I don't think it has anything to do with my clock because I set to update the time regularly. And I updated the time now anyway, just in case, and I still miss those data.

Could you please test it with ESignal on your end see if you can duplicate my problem?

Comment

Oh, I just tried reload all historical data, and I got the missing data.
        Is it possible to force the NT7 to load the data from data provider when the program start instead of from local database?

Comment

net4walk,

Please open the Options menu (Tools > Options), then navigate to the Data tab.
          In the Options menu's data tab, is 'Get Data From Server' checked?
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

The option you mentioned was checked on my platform. I guess it didn't work. My clock was correct. I still had 7 hours of data missing which cause a lot of my indicators had incorrect calculation. Now I know that I could have clicked "reload all historical data" to get the missing data. But I still believe a good charting software shouldn't have this issue, don't you think? A little investigation into this issue would be appreciated........

Thanks

Comment

net4walk,

The setting mentioned will typically pull data from the provider's servers but in this particular case it did not which is why the reload worked here.

To prevent this going forward you can go Tools > Options > Data and then check and uncheck this setting and then from the same menu repair the database.
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes