Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order transmission

Hello,

I have a question referring to the transmission of StopLosses and ProfitTargets to brokers server.

In my strategy I have coded
    SetStopLoss("", CalculationMode.Ticks,70,true);
    SetProfitTarget("Long1", CalculationMode.Ticks, 70);

and on brokers platform there appears only the ProfitTarget but not the StopLoss (and of course my position). Why?

I would like to have it exactly the other way, meaning the StopLoss should be transmitted immediately with the position to brokers server and the ProfitTargets should stay on my PC and be handled there only with NinjaTrader.

I think it´s not important what broker or platform - the solution might be how to write the StopLoss and the ProfitTarget (?)

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony, what broker are you working with here?

In most cases the OCO functionality is locally simulated as you experienced - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Order transmission

Bertrand,

thank you for your reply. I know about this, and how OCO is handled and there´s no OCO when connection is frozen.....

I know that the discussion very often is the OCO and how this works or better where it works.

But I mean only how the Stoploss and ProfitTarget can be written in the code in different ways. What if there is no OCO but only stoploss and I want to send the StopLoss directly with the order?

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Tony, what broker are you working with here?

In most cases the OCO functionality is locally simulated as you experienced - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349
      Last edited by tonynt; 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM. Reason: better explanation maybe

Comment

Tony, as you can see from the link I posted it can still be individual to the brokerage connection used, however normally if you don't use OCO's but only submit a StopLoss it would be working at the broker's server / exchange.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes