Chart fails at session start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart fails at session start

Just moved to NT 7 from 6.5. I use a session time of 8:30 to 3:15 CST on several of my charts. I have set up this time frame in the session manager. If I use this when creating a chart with live data (zenfire) everything works fine. However if I create the chart before 8:30 CST and wait for the open, the chart does not start charting price once the market opens. It does nothing. I have to re-create the chart to start seeing data. I have strategies that take trades at the open, so I don't have time to start a chart after the open. My broker is having the same issue with NT 7 and IQFeed. You can't leave a chart open overnight and then it work the next day. What is the fix for this?

dancorcal,

Thank you for your post.

The chart should begin plotting the next day automatically.

Please shut down NinjaTrader, sync your PC's clock, then let me know what your results are moving forward.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thats not the issue. My clock is fine, and it syncs with my server. It is not that the data starts plotting a few minutes after due to my clock being off. I have had the chart up for up to 15 mins after the open and no data. And the error is not consistent across charts. Some of my charts will start plotting at the open and some do not. Today my CL charts started correctly, but but my TF and ES did not start plotting. So it is not a clock issue, something else is the issue, and the fact that my broker is having the same with NT 7. Has nobody else reported this issue? Also could the fact that a live strategy is loaded on the chart have anything to do with it?

Comment

dancorcal,

I'd still like you to test this all the same.

Per the charts which do not seem to update, please right click, open the Data Series menu and tell me which Last Date appears to be in effect. Is the current day or the prior day selected (or another day)?

Comment

I don't still have any of the chart windows that were causing the problem up. I had to re-open all of those to trade... but to your point. The data series box when creating a chart defaults the "end date" value to the current date. So if I create a chart today and the default value is 5/3/11 and don't adjust that value. Then I leave that chart window overnight... tomorrow (5/4/11) it is will not starting plotting at the open since 5/3/11 was set there?

Comment

dancorcal,

The 'LastDate' field should roll over to the current date as soon as the local PC's clock does. Please let me know what results you see tomorrow morning. If the same issue remains, please feel free to open new charts, but if possible leave the non-working charts in the background.

Comment

Turns out I do still have one chart open that is having the issue. I checked the data series on the chart and it still shows 5/2/11 and end date. What else do you need to see.

Comment

dancorcal,

That's what I was looking for.

Please:
                Change this charts end date to 5/3, then save your workspace.
                Shut down NinjaTrader and sync the PC's clock if you've not already done so.

Then update me on your results with that specific chart tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes