Click Trader and Chart Copy 3rd party indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click Trader and Chart Copy 3rd party indicators

Has anyone experience with the vendor of these products?

Especially useful to me would be ClickTrader and ChartCopy

Wish Ninja offered these...seem simple enough...but extremely useful for scalp trading.

Hi Turtle Trader,

Thank you for your post.

Just wanted to mention that I'll forward your suggestion about the addition of these items on to development. Of course, we'll leave the thread open for the comment of other users.

Have a great day!
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Not to take anything away from the developer...but these two things are really simple and (for me) would best be features of Ninja....really it would make a huge difference for me.

When a Chart is copied (cloned), it would be good to have ALL current settings copied...including the OCO and current ATM.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle Trader View Post
        Hi Kyle,

Not to take anything away from the developer...but these two things are really simple and (for me) would best be features of Ninja....really it would make a huge difference for me.

When a Chart is copied (cloned), it would be good to have ALL current settings copied...including the OCO and current ATM.

thanks.
        1. If it's that simple... why don't you write the code and post it in the shared indicators?

2. TradeStation has had the ability to duplicate a chart for years. However, even if that were available in NT, the OCO and the ATM are not part of your chart.

3. I wrote my own version of Click Trader so I could streamline it with just the buttons I needed .

I didn't feel like writing all the formatting code so I built it into multi function Tool Bar Buttons that are also tied to the "ATM".

When I click on a BUY/Sell button it (A.) enters the order for me , Market or Stop Limit (Depending on the button), (B) disables the other buttons until the transaction is complete to prevent unwanted multiple orders or hitting the wrong key by accident (C) notifies me of the status Pending, Accepted etc (D) when an order is accepted, the BUY/SELL key is now a "Close" key, pressing the key closes the transaction, re-enables the other keys and every thing is ready to go again.

I trade on Range bars so if I want to go long I press Buy Range and a Stop Limit Order is generated at 1 tick above the projected high close. Press Sell Range and a stop limit order is generated for 1 tick below the projected low close.

I'm not a programmer and it took a lot of effort to learn enough "C" to get it to work. Had I been able to buy it for the $45 your vendor is asking, I probably would have bought it from him and saved myself the aggravation.

That said, I have a "Click Trader" that is tailored specifically to my needs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RangerATM.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	861693

Click image for larger version

Name:	RangerPending.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	861694
        Last edited by ThatManFromTexas; 05-04-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I am not a C# coder and it would take me a long time to write this indicator.

Also, my preference is always to have code that is free of licenses, as one never knows when the vendor, especially a small one, will go out of business and then if the license server is not functioning and I change platforms (I use Cloud VMs), then that indicator is no longer functional.

That being said, the ClickTrader mentioned is elegant in function. It is better than I imagined. Just one click on the chart and the order is placed at the point of the click. Really it is great....

shift + left click above the price place stop buy limit
          shift + left click below the price place buy limit

ctrl + left click below place stop sell limit
          ctrl + left click above place sell limit

I will tend to buy it, but I don't know anything about the vendor, and as you know, the NinjaScripts probably have full access to your files.

Comment

Have you been in contact with the vendor? It seems a bit odd that there is nothing on the site other than an email address.

Comment

Yes, I am testing ClickTrader now...it is really great...but I have no idea who the vendor is...have email contact but that is all. No company, etc.

Comment

Do you have access to the code or is it a dll?

Comment

It is a standard vendor ZIP file for importing Ninjascript with a DLL inside of it.

Comment

Click Trader

I am a bit nervous about the vendor of click trader as well. I wanted to try it, but because it seems so generic with no contact info or anything on the site I have not. Any comments on this tool? TMFT, is your order entry tool something you have shared? I might be able to modify for my use. I want a one click way to trade a chart for fast moving instruments, not on range bars though. Thanks all.

Comment

Better late than never...

I had forgotten about this thread and never updated my posting.

In the past year NinjaTools (the vendor) has written custom indicators as well as customized some of his indicators for me, per my specifications.

I have had no issues with the code provided and would do business with the vendor again.

Comment

Clicktrader and BreakoutTrader are excellenct

Originally posted by ThatManFromTexas View Post
                        I had forgotten about this thread and never updated my posting.

In the past year NinjaTools (the vendor) has written custom indicators as well as customized some of his indicators for me, per my specifications.

I have had no issues with the code provided and would do business with the vendor again.
                        I just purchased the indicator from this vendor, it works perfect. So if anyone is waiting for NT to add this feature, please just do it now from this vendor, it works great, and the vendor response to your email for your questions very quick. This tool makes NT a perfect platform for any trader. I just regret I did not hear this vendor earlier, it wasted me a lot of time to search the features from other platforms. Now NT is my only platform and works great in every aspect.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred