Alway starting in Sim Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alway starting in Sim Mode

I just installed 7.0.1000.02 and when I restart NT all charts are in sim101 and I don't have the global sim mode checked and the tools, options simulator is also unchecked but still starts in sim101 and I want it to start in my live Zenfire account. What other settings am I missing as I don't recall this being a problem in 6.5 and earlier versions of 7.

Thanks

Hello geotabs,

Thank you for your post.

It is not possible to change the actual account that is listed from the account drop down menu on startup.

It sounds like you have it configured to start in live mode rather than global simulation mode, however this does not control the actual account that is selected. This option will allow you start NinjaTrader without starting in Simulation mode - however you will still need to select your live account when placing a live order.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, when I connect I am in my Mirus account but all 10 charts that I use are in sim101 and I have to select all of them to my Mirus account in 6.5 If I save workspace with all charts in live mode then on next startup they are still all live. It's a bit of a pain to change them all the time or worse yet forget you are sim101 account. I hope this has not been removed.

Comment

geotabs,

I sent you an email asking for your license key and workspace. Please follow the instructions in the email so we can test this for development.

Comment

Was a solution found to this? NT has been starting in sim mode for me for a while and it's annoying. I have tried recreating my normal workspace and it hasn't changed the outcome. My default account is set to my live account and I have "start in Sim" unchecked in options. Am I missing anything else?

Comment

Hello Treggs,

Thank you for your post.

Please make sure you do not have your broker or data feed to "Connect on startup". The connection on startup feature can prevent your live account from loading first.

To check for this please go to Tools--> Account connections--> highlight your account connection and select "Change".

From the account connection options, please make sure to uncheck "Connect on Startup"

Comment

My zenfire connection was connecting at startup. Changed to manual and it appears to have fixed the issue after a few tries. Kind of defeats the purpose of "connect on startup" though. Can we please get this fixed in the next release?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Irukandji  
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post adeelshahzad