Control Center-Account Performance - getting imaginary trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Center-Account Performance - getting imaginary trades

I'd like to use the Account Performance tab in the NT7 Control Center but I'm getting totally fictitious trades and or/losses where there should be gains (and v.v.). In other words, my brokerage account trade P&L is substantially different from my NT7 Account Performance P&L. Is there a way that I can edit the Trades tab somehow to fix these errors?

Also, a related issue, which applies to both the Account Performance info and Strategy Analyzer is the issue of the Quantity field in the Trades tab. I use variable trade/lot sizes and the Summary tab doesn't cross-multiply to account for different trade quantities. Thus, the Summary information is bogus. Any chance of getting accurate reporting for this?

Hi Lou,

Yes, you can add executions and remove executions. Is there any way you can post a couple screenshots of the differences you're seeing? Maybe a days worth of trading records in both your brokerage platform and NinjaTrader so we can see where the differences may may.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,
      Perhaps you've misunderstood. These are Executions that are showing up only under Control Center -> Account Performance -> Executions. They are not in Control Center -> Executions. From what I can see, in NT7, one can not edit the tab Account Performance -> Executions.

I've attached 2 snips. In the snip titled "Acct Perf 2" you can see the bogus trade, 2nd from top, to exit a short AUDUSD position on 050311 @ 21:25. In the snip titled "Executions (Actual)" you can see that there was no such trade on 050311.

I'm not able to edit executions that appear in the Account Performance -> Executions tab. If there's a way to do this please explain.

There are other examples but this should be a sufficient start. Anyway, I just need to edit the tab.

==================

Also, what about accurate reporting of the impact of quantities in the Summary and other tabs in both Account Performance and Strategy Analyzer?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bluelou; 05-04-2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Executions from the control center can be removed and added, but the design of this tab is that it only displays executions for the current day. You can trick the display by changing your PC clock to another day with NinjaTrader closed. This could allow you to change executions for a particular day.

For FOREX PnL, please make sure you are running the latest version 7.0.1000.4. You also should have all potential FOREX pairs streamed before making trades. This is to allow proper rate conversion. The market analyzer window is good for streaming a lot of pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          Executions from the control center can be removed and added, but the design of this tab is that it only displays executions for the current day. You can trick the display by changing your PC clock to another day with NinjaTrader closed. This could allow you to change executions for a particular day.

For FOREX PnL, please make sure you are running the latest version 7.0.1000.4. You also should have all potential FOREX pairs streamed before making trades. This is to allow proper rate conversion. The market analyzer window is good for streaming a lot of pairs.
          Ryan,
          I'm using 7.0.1000.4. I'm reluctant to change the PC clock right now since I have several positions and strategies running.

So, you're saying that I CAN edit the Account Performance -> Executions tab but only for the current day? Anyway you guys can make that feature a little more flexible? I don't usually look at NT's Account Performance tab every day. I try to run the report every couple of days but it's usually garbage with the trade errors AND no accounting for varying quantities/lot sizes.

Also, what about the issue of all of the Account Performance and Strategy Analyzer reports assuming a constant trade quantity. Anyway you guys would consider making this report more realistic?

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, Lou. We have the suggestion to provide more control on editing executions added to our feedback list, with tracking # 315.

For backtesting quantity in FOREX, we're using the most realistic approach possible, where you simulate purchasing the actual number of units. There is no standard quantity or PnL in FOREX. Even within the same provider you can have different leverage settings used for different accounts. Without a standard, there will always be differences with a backtest quantity compared to submitting to a live account.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 05-04-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              Thanks for your feedback, Lou. We have the suggestion to provide more control on editing executions added to our feedback list, with tracking # 315.

For backtesting quantity in FOREX, we're using the most realistic approach possible, where you simulate purchasing the actual number of units. There is no standard quantity or PnL in FOREX. Even within the same provider you can have different leverage settings used for different accounts. Without a standard, there will always be differences with a backtest quantity compared to submitting to a live account.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm
              Ryan,
              Thank you for considering my suggestions.

I think you've misunderstood the issue with "Quantity" in the NT7 Strategy Analyzer and Account Performance tabs. Please see the attached snip. For trade #147 we can see Quantity = 4 and Profit = 0.34%. The problem is that 0.34% is the profit for 1 contract/lot/share/etc. The actual profit on this trade is 4 x 0.34% = 1.36%.

NT7 always assumes that the quantity = 1. This basically makes NT7's reporting almost worthless. Depending on the signal or the order stage my order sizes are variable. This isn't something advanced, just basic trade and risk management. I can't see why NT7's reporting can't include something as basic as quantity x price change = profit.

Let me know what you think.

Thx,
              Lou
              Attached Files

Comment

Understood. You would like to see calculation mode percent quantity-weighted rather than just a percent change in price. I will forward your suggestion.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes