Help! How to replay in demo account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! How to replay in demo account

Please help just wasted 3 hours, cannot for the life of me figure out in plain and simple terms step by step how to replay a day.

Please tell me I would like to practice ES mini either with the simulator or the market replay.

How to download replay data I don't care what day it is, just give me a day that will work.
    How to get a chart up and running with that data.
    Can I practice it live right now? and if so how do I do that.
    The chart that comes up says ES 06 -11 (Daily) 9/24/2010 - 12/8/2010 this doesn't make sense to me. There are no candle sticks. The replay console says 3/10/2011 5/3/2011

I managed once then it crashed, after i was fast forwarding...
    Now for some reason I cannot repeat the steps.

Amp Demo account
    Last edited by siggs; 05-05-2011, 12:56 AM.

Hello siggs,

Can you please go to Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Download Replay data. Select the ES 06-11 and yesterday's date. Click OK and you will see Market Replay data is downloading in the lower right corner of the Control Center. Wait for the download to finish.

Connect to the Market Replay connection via Control Center-->File-->Connect-->Market Replay. The Market Replay control window will appear. Set the start and end date to yesterday's date.

Create a new minute chart for the ES 06-11 (Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart) and select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu.

Hit the Play button in the Market Replay control window. You should now receive data in the chart. Let me know if this will not work for you.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the instructions, I did as you said. However the chart continues to display ES 06-11 Daily then 9/24/2010 - 12/8/2010, there is nothing displayed after that date. The replay data console states 5/3/2011 - 5/3/2011 has downloaded, and control center is live with current data ES 06-11, but the chart is unresponsive. Setting is also to 24/7 in session manager Please advise and thank you!

PS I seem to be able to make it work in real time.
      Last edited by siggs; 05-06-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Can you please use a minute chart instead of a daily chart and check if this will work.

When you opened the daily chart after you are connected to the Market Replay, what date is reflected next to 'End date' in the Data Series menu?

Please close the current daily chart and let the Market Replay connection run for a few seconds. Subsequently, create a new daily chart and check if it receives real-time data.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes