CurrentDayOHL and Session Template Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CurrentDayOHL and Session Template Question

I am trying to determine the sometime differences between CurrentDayOHL when I use different session templates.
    I normally use Default 24/7 but I created a new chart the other day which defaulted to <Use Instrument Settings>.
    The Low and the High were different on these until they were exceeded during the day.
    Not sure why these should be different.
    If this has already been answered in a previous post, I apologize.
    Gary

Hello gyoung

Thank you for your post.

When working with various session templates, it is important to understand the exact sessions’ begin & end times that each utilizes.

To locate & evaluate this info go to Tools > Session Manager > and then choose a template from the drop down. This will give you the session begin & end times for each day included in the template.

For the specific issue you cited, what was the instrument you selected in this example?
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip.
      Thanks for your response.
      I have looked at the specific time frames for the various session templates and am still at a loss trying to see the specific differences.
      Open should be 1 opening time that should not be different between sessions.
      High and Low, I understand the differences due to time frames, syncing up when all the time frames are in alignment.

I was looking at the ES and TF.

It is really not that big of a deal, I am just trying to understand how these can be off by sometimes 1 point.

Wish I would have taken screenshots to post.

Comment

Hello

I would like to set this up on my side to understand what you are seeing. If you can reproduce this issue please post one or more screenshots so that we can take a look. It would also be helpful if you can provide the steps you take to recreate this item.

Alternatively, as a method to compare these session times empirically, you can bring up two charts for the same instrument & interval, apply different session templates, & then use the Global Cursor to compare the two.

Comment

Thanks Chip.
          Will try to work on it tonight or tomorrow morning and get you those screen shots.
          Gary

Comment

Hello Gary

Excellent – look forward to hearing of your results & assisting further.

Have a good one!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            7 responses