Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Options window

Hi,

I am about trading live and I want to be sure I understand everything.

OPTIONS/NinjaScript.

In the Order handling:

If I unable de two options:

cancel entry orders when a startegy is disable
    cancel exit orders when a startegy is disable.

It means that, whenever the strategy is unabled=false, the strategy position will get FLAT and all the pending orders (as Stop & Limit) not triguered yet will be automatically cancelled?

Also, I understand that the stratgy can gets disabled (unabled=false ) manually or due to conection lost.

Thanks in advanced

Hello "CJS",

These two options will enable or disable automatic cancellation of strategy entry & exit orders when you disable the strategy. It will not affect your position - only active strategy orders will be cancelled if you enable these options.

You can configure the behavior of your automated strategies during a disconnection using the other settings in the Options-->NinjaScript-tab. Please see the link below for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

"Hello "CJS",

These two options will enable or disable automatic cancellation of strategy entry & exit orders when you disable the strategy. It will not affect your position - only active strategy orders will be cancelled if you enable these options."

1) Then, these two options will only affect to Stop & Limit orders not triguered yet. ¿Righ?

2) If I manually disable a strategy, working trigguered orders will keep running?

Thanks again

Comment

1. Yes, it will affect all limit, stop market and stop limit orders triggered by your strategy.

2. Yes, if the two options are disabled, working orders will remain.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry if I am redundant, my English is a bit poor and sometimes I have problems to understand.

Well, what really worries me is losing the connection for many hours while a strategy is enabled and I am long or short at that moment.

¿Which would be the right configuration of the Options/strategies tab if I want to flatten everything, disable de strategy and cancel the accepted pending orders?

What happens if I am long and a strategy is automatically stopped due to many disconetions? Is that long position automatically closed?

¿everytime therere is a conetion loss of 1 sec is the strategy automatically diabled?

Thanks in advance again
          Last edited by "CJS"; 05-06-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Hello "CJS",

No worries. You can set 'Handling' to StopStrategy and enable both 'Order handling' options. However, if you were in a position, it will not be closed when you experience a disconnection. You would need to close the position manually.

Comment

Hi,

¿The Handling options (KeepRunning,Recalculate,StopStrategy) are expected to be applied after each connection loss smaller than Disconnect delay seconds? Or after one which exceeds the Disconnect delay seconds and the # of restart attempts?

Thnaks

Comment

It will be applied when the disconnection exceeds the 'Disconnect delay seconds' setting.

Comment

OK, this is the real time (not real money) situation.

A few minutes ago I had 4 different strategies running in different markets simultaneously. I was 1 contract short in each strategy. So, I had 4 opened shorts. Each short position had its own Stop Loss (4 different On stop Orders accepted).

All of a sudden, I closed the NT platform during 10 minutes. When I reconned with the NT platform, I set the connection to Zen Fire. Once there, as expected the 4 strategies were disabled, I had the 4 shorts running and the stop losses orders accepted.

Then, I enabled the 4 strategies and automatically:

- The stop losses got canceled.
                  - I am flat in the Strategies tab.
                  - But, I still have the 4 shorts in Positions tab.

I don't understand why all these happened because my configuration of the options window is:

On Connection Los/ handling -keep running
                  and sync account position = false.

1- In real trading I would be 4 contracts short or totally flat?
                  2- Could you tell me why all these happened.
                  3- Could you tell which would be the right configuration in order to keep, when I enable the strategies again, everything the same way it was before closing the NT platform?

Thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by "CJS"; 05-09-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Please note that there is a difference between a connection loss and closing NinjaTrader and restarting your strategies. The 'Handling' setting will only apply during a connection loss. It does not apply when you close the NinjaTrader platform and restart it manually.

If the account position reflects a 4 short position, you are in a short 4 position in your live account.

If you start-up your strategy manually (which would be after a restart), please see the link below for information how your strategy will act.

There can be a difference between your strategy position and account position. Please see the following link for more information on this topic and how workaround it.

As per your description, you must had 'Wait until flat' enabled and 'Synch account position' set to False.

Comment

Hi,

This is the situacion:

Optinos = Wait until flat before executing live & Sync account position = false:

I was "real time" 1 contract Long with an Stop Loss accepted. Then, I disabled the strategy for a few minutes. Then, I enabled the strategy again o see what is going on, and:

- " Strategy Position" = 0 Long
                      - " Account Position" = 1 Long
                      - The real stop loss previously is automatically canceled.

My doubts are:

1) why is the stop loss canceled?
                      2) Why the " Strategy Position" = 0 Long since the strategy would have open (and not close yet) 1 L “virtually” a couple of hours ago?

Thanks

Comment

Hello "CJS",

As per the information at the link below.

1. When your strategy starts it will check for any active orders previously generated by the strategy on your account and cancel those first.

2. Could it be the strategy would have closed the position as per the historical data when you had the strategy disabled. When you apply the strategy, it will be calculated on all historical data. It will calculate what historical orders would have been submitted and based on these orders, it wil display a startegy position or not. Since the strategy position is reflected as flat, it indicates your strategy is flat based on all historical orders.

Comment

Hi,

In an “always in” strategy, like a CrossMA strategy, does the “Strategy Position” ever reach a flat state ?

Thanks

Comment

It will not reach a flat strategy position, unless you apply the strategy on very little historical data, so is not enough for historical orders to occur.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post junkone
                            by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                            5 responses