500 Tick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 Tick

I'm using Ninja 7.0 with IB and Kinetick. I have three charts open, 4500 ticks, 1500 and 500. The 500 Tick chart does not scroll forward and chart ticks accurately.
    Example...The lower time scale shows 9:30 and never shows 9:35.
    If I click "Reload all Historical data" it will catch up but again remain stagnant. All three charts are of the same template and the 4500 and 1500 are accurate.
    I'm sure its obvious but are there any suggestions?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please close NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated and you may restart NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i syncd the clock...I am having the same issues though. I have multiple options of sites to sync too. Is one better then the other?
      time.windows.com
      time.nist.gov
      etc..
      The only way it will update is by clicking Update all historical data.

Comment

Can you tell me what Operating System you have installed on your PC and what region you reside in.

Comment

I am using Windows 7 and live in NY. Eastern standard time

Comment

Please close all your open workspaces by going to the Control Panel-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace

After you have closed all workspaces please create a new workspace by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace

Within the new workspace please open a new chart with no template or indicators applied and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Definitely technical issues on this side. The Control Center will not let me close the last open workspace. I am trying to delete all workspaces and start new but its not letting me at this time.

Comment

Hello,

Please email me to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post. As I'm concerned that your not connected to the live data server and receiving live data and only getting historical data.

I can verify this by checking the logs.

Can you please send me your trace files for today so I can look into this as an attachment to this email. I will need both files attached to a return email.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment

There are two attachments I need in total.

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)

If the files combines are larger then 8mb in size. I will not be able to recieve it via email. Please send them via filexpressit.com instead and reference the ticket number in the subject line.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I emailed the information needed and it was suggested to me that IB was my primary data feed and Kinetick was secondary. I changed this order but the problem persists. I'm not sure if my original problem is being totally understood.

On my 500T charts, they do update, but not correctly. An example would be, if the lower chart time bar shows 9:45 it will remain 9:45 for over twenty minutes then print maybe 10:15 or so. The chart will print bars but they are totally inaccurate. When I click on Reload all historical Data the chart will update immediately and look completely different showing 9:45, 9:48, 9:51 etc.

Comment

Hello,

If you only see this behavior in the 500 Tick chart please use the steps I have provided below to move your current Workspaces:
                    • Close NinjaTrader
                    • Documents
                    • NinjaTrader
                    • Workspaces
                    • Select all files and move to another location on your PC such as your Desktop
                    • Restart NinjaTrader
                    • Open a new 500 Tick chart with no template applied

Please let me know if data than forms bars as expected or if you continue to see the same behavior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes