Upgraded New Ver Can't Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded New Ver Can't Restore

I had 7.0.1 now have latest 7.0.4. Had to re-install Vista, also fully updated. Backed up before re-install, and after NT re-install, the restore from today's backup gives me this error:

NinjaTrader was unable to restore the selected backup archive file: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I just tried the same backup file on another PC running XP and the latest version of NT and same error message, but it did restore trades data but not the last used workspace.

Checking Vista I see now that I also have trade data restored there also.

I don't use strategies, just a couple of ATM for brackets and a couple of tail stops, so I can rebuild the workspace if I have to. Trade data is there.

I also backed up the documents folder in my windows profile so I found the workspaces and I'm copying them in now to new installation. Restore didn't restore any of them.

I just manually restored my templates directory.
    Last edited by Jay Trades; 05-07-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Due to the major change from NinjaTrader version .2 and below to .3 and above with the difference in protection and compatibility with Windows 7 service pack 1. This unfortunately means that any back up files created previously on an older version is unfortunately not compatible with the current release. This means only some things will you be able to manually restore as you have done. Other items will need to be recreated unfortunately, this is mostly the NinjaScript 3rd party indicators that do not transfer.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post GLFX005