Chart in strategy analyzer plots trades offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart in strategy analyzer plots trades offset

I have been getting an offset in the location of the trade marker plots on the Strategy Analyzer chart. It makes it difficult to read but not impossible. I am concerned that if this is malfuctioning, there may be something more serious happening in the background. Therefore my performance results are suspect.

By 'offset' I mean the markers and labels for each trade is plotted a few bars behind where they should be.

I use 7.1.2 but this has happened in all versions I have used.

Thanks.

Hello billr,

Please note that the Strategy Analyzer backtests your strategy using OHLC values only - it does not take intrabar data in notice. So fills are determined on OHLC information. Could this be causing the offset you mention?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, it is a horizontal offset. markers and text are offset to the left by two bars. I have seen this happen to a greater extent also; say 8 bars or so. It is clearly a chart problem, not a calculation problem, because the markers are correct, just in the wrong location on the chart. Make sense?

Comment

Can you please synch your PC clock and check if this will make a difference. Please close NinjaTrader when synching your PC clock.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Start NinjaTrader and perform a new backtest and check if the issue remains. If so, can you please install the latest version (7.0.1000.4).

Please check if you can reproduce the issue in the latest version and test the SampleMACrossOver strategy as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses