date label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

date label

Because NT uses the next bar's start time as the time label of the current bar, it cause some problems. For example, on daily chart, the date label of last daily bar on chart is 05/10/11 instead of the correct date of 05/09/11. Also for intraday charts, if I want to check how market reacts to a major news release at 8:30AM, I have to check the bar with time label 8:31AM on 1Min chart, 8:35AM on 5Min chart, 8:15AM on 15Min chart, 9:00AM on 30Min and 60Min charts, which is really a bad design. Why don't use the start time as time label as all the other charting softwares do?

- Clearpicks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by clearpicks; 05-09-2011, 08:13 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

We prefer this time style due to other time formats due to various reasons and is explicit NT design. However your daily bar should have the correct date on it. I suspect you’re not using the correct session template on the daily chart which is causing the issue. Your session template in your data series options needs to match the session template of your data feed provider sends the data as.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I use Zen-fire as the primary data feed and Kinetick free EOD as the secondary feed. I set the time template to 24/5 and 24/7, but same thing happens.

Comment

Hello,

This is the reason most likely as Default 24/7 is not the session template that Zenfire or Kinetick uses on its daily bars. Please try using an RTH or regular trading hours template should do the trick.

Comment

Is it possible to add a new feature in future release to allow users choose whether to use period start time as time label?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno