• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tabs

Hello,

I want to ask if I can move the tabs so eg for having only strategies-tab and positions-tab visible - maybe horizontally or vertically or like tiles.

Thanks
    Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently you cannot configure the position of tabs within the control center.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thanks for your reply. Referring strategies I have another question please: when I have enabled strategies can I do the entry somehow manually also? Eg I missed an entry for few ticks and want to do entry. Or will this make malfunction the strategy (stoploss, targets...)? Because when doing an entry with chart trader I have the ATMs but not the coded strategy.

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

Yes, it's possible to submit a manual order to an account while a strategy is running. Strategies run independent of other strategies and the account. This is one way to align your account position with the strategy position.

Comment

Ryan,

thank you for your reply. I do not understand what you mean with "While a strategy is running". Which one is the "...a..."? And maybe I did my question incorrectly. So I repeat it this way: how can I do my strategy-entry manually (not an entry of a trade different from the enabled strategy - I want to do the entry manually of an enabled strategy).

And at this opportunity I want to add another question: I have coded "Position. MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat" do avoid entry when there is a position.

But I would like to change it to (in words) "if marketposition is not long" then .....conditions

Thanks
          Tony

Comment

All strategies operate independently from your account and any other trading activity, so there is no way to associate a manual entry as belonging to a strategy.

Not long can be expressed using:
            if (Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Long)
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 05-11-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you!

So, I understand now that I can not do an entry of a strategy manually.

Referring to the question "flat" maybe I have not described correctly again(?) I want to code "if market position is not long" or "... is not short" and not "...not flat"

Is this then if (Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Long) or
              Is this then if (Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Short) ?

Thanks
              Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              All strategies operate independently from your account and any other trading activity, so there is no way to associate a manual entry as belonging to a strategy.

Not flat can be expressed using:
              if (Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Flat)
              Last edited by tonynt; 05-11-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Yes, that looks good for expressing not long and not short. I corrected my post to reflect what you were looking for.

Operators in NinjaScript is expanded upon here:
                http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...sic_syntax.htm

Comment

Hello,
                  thank you for your reply, I used already your information. Now I have another question when having enabled several strategies: eg 2 strategies long (A,B) and 2 strategies short (C,D) for 3 instruments

"MarketPosition.Flat" refers only if there is a position within the same strategy? Or if there is a position eg in AUD then there will not be an entry in EUR even conditions in the strategy filled (because flat refers to "program-strategies")
                  Or there will be an entry in other instrument but no entry eg in EUR-long when there is a position EUR-short (not from EUR-long-strategy A or B but from EUR-short-strategy C or D) so "...flat" refers to same instrument?
                  Or there will be an entry long because its from another strategy (A or B) than the existing position (from C or D) but there will not be an entry eg EUR-long with strategy B when there is a position long from EUR-strategy A? Or there will be an entry as "...flat" refers only to positions and entries from same strategy because of some ID?

Thanks;-)
                  Tony

Comment

Strategies are independent, so the position information you access pertains only to the strategy that accesses it. If you're accessing position info within a multiseries strategy, then there is Positions[x], where x is the series index.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../positions.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by profitabletrader306, Today, 12:00 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post profitabletrader306  
                    Started by marcelodelta, Yesterday, 08:28 PM
                    2 responses