Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Restore Live Data Feed for Single Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore Live Data Feed for Single Chart?

Hi,
    I've somehow managed to screw up one of my Forex Charts live data feed. This particular one is AUDUSD. When I connect to my broker, it loads the data up to the current bar, then stops updating. The other charts update in live time like they should.

I also have Ninja 7 loaded on another PC, and when connected to my broker, AUDUSD updates live as it should. So it isn't my connection to my broker.

Is there a setting somewhere I can check to "Enable Live Data Feed" for a particular chart? I THINK I screwed it up trying to load historical data. (Tools, Historical Data Manager, Import) Whatever I tried to do didn't work.
    Thanks,
    Joe

Hi Trade1953,

Thank you for your post.

To revert your settings back to the previously working values you can reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then if the issue persists can you please let me know the version of NinjaTrader from the Help > About menu, and the data provider you are using.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan,
      That didn't work. I'm using Ninja 7.0.1000.4 Broker is PFG BEST. But as I said, I connect to the same broker on my other PC, same Ninja version and AUDUSD updates live just fine.
      Would it be quicker to unintstall and re-install Ninja?
      Joe

Comment

Joe,

It should not be necessary to uninstall but you will want to verify the settings of the instrument. If you go to Tools > Instrument Manager and then find the AUDUSD instrument and hit the Edit button and then can you please confirm the settings are the same as in the screenshots attached.

If they match then please close the instrument editor and then highlight the AUDUSD and then hit the Delete button. Then please reset the instruments to re-add back to NinjaTrader.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ryan,
          The only difference was tick size. I changed it from .0001 to .00005 to match yours. That didn't work. I deleted AUDUSD from instrument manager, then Reset Instruments and restarted Ninja. That didn't work either.
          I'm totally dumb founded on this one.
          Joe

Comment

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the API. Maybe something got messed up in it.
            Joe

Comment

Hi Trade1953,

I was attempting to test this issue and see if I could duplicate it and being unable to do so I would like to focus on the connection.

Removing and repairing and recreating the connection to PFG, and the API reinstall would be the next step:
              • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
              • To Repair please go to Tools-->Options-->Data-->Repair DB
              • Uninstall the PFG API and then reinstall
              • Restart NinjaTrader
              • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

Comment

Ryan,
                Simply uninstalling and re-installing the API didn't work.
                So, I followed your steps exactly as you wrote them.
                Still didn't work. All the other currency charts are feeding fine.

Something may be messed up in the registry keys for Ninja, but I don't know. Unless you have any other ideas you want me to try, I can uninstall Ninja and reload. It really isn't that big of a deal. I don't have that many strategies to back up.
                Joe
                PS - I doubt you'll be able to duplicate the problem since I don't remember what I might have done to AUDUSD to get it messed up. What's strange is that it loads historical data up to the current bar, but then it won't update. It's like it's in a persistent historical mode.

Comment

Hi Trade1953,

Since the issue with connection exclusively did not work we will want to uninstall, but we will begin by uninstalling and leaving the user settings in place:

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                  1. Close all running applications.
                  2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                  3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                  4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                  5. Reboot your machine.
                  6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                    Download

Comment

Well, that didn't work either. Something in the user settings I guess. I'll do a full un-install (remove Ninja 7 folder from My Documents, remove Ninja registry keys, etc). I'm sure that will fix it. It will be like loading Ninja completely from scratch. Gotta grab some lunch now.
                    Thanks for trying!
                    Joe

Comment

Ryan,
                      After fully un-installing Ninja 7 and reloading, all data is flowing like it should. I guess this will remain an unsolved mystery. Thanks for all your help.
                      Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,

Glad to hear that the complete uninstall resolved the issue, and based on what was removed in the uninstall its possible the source was the workspace but since we were planning on uninstalling we bypassed that step.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post WHICKED
                        by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                        15 responses