Everytime that I start Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everytime that I start Ninjatrader

I am using Ninjatrader 64 bit version 7.0.1.4 and my data provider is Interactivebrokers. Everyday after I login to ninjatrader and try to connect to IB , It starts asking data from the very first bar beginning . And since it requests a lot of historical data,it is denied by IB after awhile saying that I have reached maximum data request and any furthur request will be denied in the next 5 minutes.
    I am not sure but it looks like that historical data and charts do not have a cash or saved file. So everytime ,it starts from scratch and every time I turn on Ninjatrader ,it doesn`t have any data in hand and request it from IB servers. Is that right? Or there is a missed setting that allows historical data to be saved ?
    What should I do? This problem prevents me from having any access to the charts whenever I start using Ninja

Hello Trader2000,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

When NinjaTrader is connected to a datafeed it will check the chart against what already exists in the database. If any portion of the data set is not already available, the entire data set is reloaded to ensure that you have accurate data - this is the expected behavior of the software.

To overcome your issue you would to break the workspace up in to several smaller workspaces. This way, you're requesting less data at a single time thereby avoiding the IB data limitation. Alternately, a secondary data feed like Kinetick could be used in addition to the IB feed also allowing you to bypass IB's limitation.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post traderqz  
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes