Possible reasons for slow dialog boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible reasons for slow dialog boxes

What are some possible reasons for dialog boxes taking way to long to open...

Example...While on a chart, right click and select strategies....VERY SLOW opening. Sometimes 15 seconds or more.

Especially annoying when building a strategy and changing parameters often.

Hi neb1998,

Thank you for your post.

This would indicate that PC resources are in short supply. To overcome this you would need to reduce what items are loaded until the software performs as you desire. A list of performance tips is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

PC Resources are not in short supply, i have 12 gb ram and a quad core processor. The CPU usage is usually at 1% or so when i am working with a single chart. Which is what i have open now and memory usage is under 500k.

This happens on multiple machines randomly.

Comment

Hi neb1998,

I'd recommend that you try applying the tips. NinjaTrader does not have access to all cores on your PC for all functions nor does it have access to the full 12 GB of RAM.

Please let me know if any other questions come up.

Comment

Single chart delay

So your saying a single chart open looking back 500 bars with a single strategy running should slow the computer to a crawl on a regular basis? That seems a bit unacceptable as it does not happen all the time.

The tips are pretty typical, close other windows. turn off background services. As a computer engineer i went through those steps before i placed a comment online.

The delay is not after the strategy box is up, i understand that delay as the strategy has to process the data...This is before any strategy has even been picked it can take a long time to come up..The only thing open is one chart and one connection to zenfire...obviously there is an inefficiency somewhere.

Comment

Hi neb1998,

What I'm saying is that the only scenario in which I've ever seen any lag in the software related to overwhelming the PC with what was requested. That being the case, reducing the overall request should help.

Would you be willing to try completely reinstalling, to remove all custom settings and return NinjaTrader to a default state where no performance issue should occur. If you experiance the same issue with the more limited setup, we may have more to go on.

If you're open to this;
            1.) Backup:
            Please create a backup of your settings using the steps listed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/creating_a_backup_archive.htm

You will also need to save a copy of your license key. You will find the key listed in the Help > License Key menu.

2.) Reinstallation:
            After backing up, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
            1. Close all running applications.
            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
            4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
            5. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear ! history).
            6. Reboot your machine.
            7. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
            Download

3.) Testing:
            After reinstalling NinjaTrader, please test and see if the issue persists.

4.) Restoring Settings:
            If the issue does not persist on the clean installation, please restore your settings using the steps listed here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/restoring_a_backup_archive.htm

5.) Testing:
            After restoring your settings, please test again and let me know if the issue pops up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes