X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts

Are the alert types defined somewhere?
    What is a DailyHigh? DailyLow? Last?
    If I have a 5 minute chart opened, after the first 5 minutes and the bar completes, the current bar high, would that be defined as the DailyHigh? Ditto for the low of the bar, after the first 5 minute bar completes, it that defined as the DailyLow?
    Or do these refer only to a daily chart?
    What I'm getting at, is that I want to set an alert when say a 5 or 15 or even a 30 minute bar completes, then being able to alert when the price on the next bar or any bar after that is say 0.05 > the last high or 0.05 < the last low.
    So, after 5 minutes, the high of the bar is 42.25, I want to alert when the price reaches 42.30 whether it's immediately following the bar, or some bar down the road.
    Same for the low. If the low after the first 5 minutes is 41.80, I want an alert when the low is 41.75.
    I've looked through the language reference guide, but still could not find out how these are defined.

thanks,

Hello dj0903,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

The DailyHigh, DailyLow, etc are daily intervals and are distributed by your data provider. When these are updated depends on your data provider.

If you would like to setup alerts and use intraday high low values, I would suggest creating an "Indicator" column in the Market Analyzer and using the CurrentDayOHL indicator to calculate this.

Click here for more information on Working with Columns

In doing so, you could also set the CurrentDayOHL column to calculate on bar close based on the minute type you prefer.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

In browsing the language reference guide, looks like I might be able to accomplish what I need with the function OnBarUpdate()

Comment

Thanks Matthew, that might work as well. I'll look at that as well.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, you will have more control over how these alerts are calculated with using NinjaScript programming rather than setting up alerts in the Market Analyzer.

You can still use the CurrentDayOHL indicator method in OnBarUpdate to complete this task:

Comment

Turns out I'm working on the same thing. C# code for indicator MarketAnalyzerTools attached.

It exposes two dataseries which you can use for alerts/conditional cell formating in Market Analyzer. One does +1/0/-1 for Daily High and Low, and one does +1/0/-1 for last trade @ bid or ask.

You will want to change the audio files used for ones available on your system, or download them from here:

How do I set up the BA portion of this indicator in the MA Window? I don't see a plot for this in the drop down menu using this indicator in the MA Window. Thx:pcguru: Its the plot called BA. Then use Market Analyzer rules to do what you want. The column I have set up is Red/Blue/Black based on the -1/+1/0 value of that DataSeries.
            Attached Files

Comment

MXASJ,

Thanks for your input here, very nice.

Comment

MXASJ,

Thanks for the reply, I've downloaded your code. Looks good.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920