Is my computer good enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my computer good enough

it takes a long time to open a work space up with 7 charts and 90 days of data (approx 2minutes) here are my computer specs

windows 7 64bit
    4g ddr2
    AMD phenom 9600 quad core 2.31 ghz
    256mb video card

i never updated the video card because im not a game person. i might need to now!!any suggestion would be great!!! please dont break my bank, plzzz thx.....

Hi houndog3,

Thank you for your post.

Your PC exceeds the minimum specifications and is capable of running NinjaTrader, but with that being said the amount of days you are loading in the charts is rather large and you may want to refer to the following performance tips for optimizing NinjaTrader's performance:
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you sir...still not sure on the video card its old at least 5yrs old

Comment

Good video cards today do not cost an arm and a leg. I would get a video card with at least 1GB memory. NT does a lot of drawing. Better to offload it to a video card with oomph.

Comment

yea i was lookin at them they are cheap..question for you..my computer has ddr2 can i buy a video card that has ddr3??thx jeff

Comment

Hello,

This would be more of a question for your local IT or computer store computer builder to assist on. I will leave it open if someone from the community would like to assist however.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by houndog3 View Post
              yea i was lookin at them they are cheap..question for you..my computer has ddr2 can i buy a video card that has ddr3??thx jeff
              The video card is its own subsystem. (In fact vido cards today are more powerful than a 1970's supercomputer!). As a subsystem, its memory is addressed by the GPU, not the CPU. You just need to be sure that the card you get has the correct interface to the main bus. In other words, if you have a PCI-ex slot, you need a PCI-x card of the correct bit size.

As long as the computer can pass instructions and data to the video subsystem, how that system is implemented is essentially a black-box; its internals are irrelevant.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin