Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncing Account Positions

In the user guide, it is mentioned several times,

"On startup the strategy will begin executing orders immediately.

• Any active orders on the account previously generated by the strategy that does not match* an active strategy order will be cancelled. Should the strategy be unable to cancel and receive confirmation on the cancellation of these orders within 40 seconds the strategy will not start and an alert will be issued. "

Question 1 - " Any active orders on the account ......previously generated by the strategy........." What does this means ? I am trying to figure what is an active order on the account ( is it a real live position in a real account ?) and under what circumstances can this happen ?

Question 2 "Should the strategy be unable to cancel and ........the strategy will not start ......." Does that means the strategy is rendered useless.

Question 3 " The matching active orders on the account will then be mapped to the active strategy orders" If the strategy will not start, how does the matching active orders get mapped to the active strategy..

My apology for these simple questions. It is my lst time playing with NT automated trading and trying to come to terms with syncing account position.

thanks
    prorege

To answer question 1: This is referring to any order on any account previously generated by the strategy that is still active when the strategy is started again. An active order means one that is in the Accepted or Working state. This could happen if your strategy places orders and then you force close NinjaTrader with the orders still open, and start it again and the orders will still be active.

Question 2: It means you will need to cancel the orders yourself and then start the strategy again.

Question 3: If the strategy is not started, then there is no active strategy to map the orders to.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses