Ameritrade 64 bit API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ameritrade 64 bit API

I have a client that just upgraded to a 64 bit machine and cannot connect to TD Ameritrade. I have a few questions.

How soon until the 64 bit TD Ameritrade API will be ready for NT7?

How do you switch back to 32 bit NT7?

Thank you.

Hello TrendTracker,

Thank you for your post.

As of now we are waiting for TDAmeritrade to provide us with an update of their API so we can add it to NinjaTrader.

To switch to 32 bit, your client should have two shortcuts on your desktop (NinjaTrader 7, NinjaTrader 7 64-bit) the shortcut without the 64-bit label is the 32 bit version. This can also be found from Windows Start button -> All Programs -> NinjaTrader 7 -> NinjaTrader 7.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
      Hello TrendTracker,

Thank you for your post.

As of now we are waiting for TDAmeritrade to provide us with an update of their API so we can add it to NinjaTrader.

To switch to 32 bit, your client should have two shortcuts on your desktop (NinjaTrader 7, NinjaTrader 7 64-bit) the shortcut without the 64-bit label is the 32 bit version. This can also be found from Windows Start button -> All Programs -> NinjaTrader 7 -> NinjaTrader 7.
      It has been almost 5 years since the last NinjaTrader reply. However, we still can not run TDAmeritrade on 64 bit machine.

5-years enough time for 6 generations of i-phone 6 and Galaxy S6 and we still asking about a 64 bit API for NT. Guys , market trades in mili-seconds (perhaps nano seconds now).

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
        It has been almost 5 years since the last NinjaTrader reply. However, we still can not run TDAmeritrade on 64 bit machine.

5-years enough time for 6 generations of i-phone 6 and Galaxy S6 and we still asking about a 64 bit API for NT. Guys , market trades in mili-seconds (perhaps nano seconds now).
        You should probably complain to TDA, not NT.

*I haven't checked in years to see if TDA updated to 64bit, but I doubt it...

Comment

Hello aligator,

NinjaTrader 8 supports TD Ameritrade in 64 bit. The API has been updated so 64 bit is supported. Please see the link below under 'Connectivity'.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello aligator,

NinjaTrader 8 supports TD Ameritrade in 64 bit. The API has been updated so 64 bit is supported. Please see the link below under 'Connectivity'.
            http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../whats_new.htm
            Thank you Jason,

However, until the release of NT8 and a cleaning shake up, most users are going to rely on NT7 for sometimes to come (Ray has promised support for NT7). We notice that most of recent NT7 updates deal with some brokerage API updates, why not TDA 64 bit API.

@Seledge - Not sure whom to call Ninja or TDA, but API comes packaged with NT7.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not know. I will forward your feedback to support TD Ameritrade in 64 bit in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                @Seledge - Not sure whom to call Ninja or TDA, but API comes packaged with NT7.
                The tda interface dll was in 32 bit for the longest time.

Comment

The suggestion to support TD Ameritrade in 64 bit in NinjaTrader 7 is assigned to SFT-1167.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Sam2515
                  by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                  15 responses