XP and 7.0.1000.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP and 7.0.1000.5

1) Will 7.0.1000.5 work with XP Pro SP3 ?

2) Currently running 7.0.1000.2 and have only just got it all working how I like it. Now I find out I need to upgrade to 7.0.1000.5 to be able to continue trading CME products after 3rd June - Wow, what a nightmare.

So, when I upgrade to 7.0.1000.5 am I going to loose all my settings which are now saved in 7.0.1000.2 ?

Hello ScottieDog,

1. Yes, NinjaTrader 7 is supported on Windows XP SP3. Please see the installation guide below.

SP3 is actually required to run NinjaTrader in Windows XP.

2. All settings and data will remain when upgrading to version 7.0.1000.5. However, you will need to remove all 3rd party add-ons before upgrading to version 7.0.1000.5. Step by step instructions are provided when you install version 7.0.1000.5 on our download page.

Please check with the 3rd party vendor if the add-ons you use are compatible with version 7.0.1000.5. If so, you will receive new files to install to the add-ons after you installed version 7.0.1000.5.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I checked with my coder and he says they should all be compatible. This makes me wonder why I have to delete them all, to then re-install them...

In truth that is not the problem, there are only 4 indicators so its easy to delete them then re-install them - the problem is that there are a lot of default settings saved inside each for the indicators, will these saved settings be kept ? Or will every indicator revert back to its coded default upon re-installation ?

Comment

It is because version 7.0.1000.3 and later uses a new technology wrapper to protect 3rd party add-ons. Please see the link below for more information.

Yes, settings saved per indicator are saved as well.

Comment

OK. Done that, now my PFG connection will not connect. So it is obviously the PFG API which is now incompatible.

Which PFG API need I install for the 7.0.1000.5 ? Because on the "Connection Guides" page the PFG API only goes up to version 7.0.1000.4

Comment

You will need to use PFG API client 1.0.463 for NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.5 as well.

Comment

NinjaTrader Direct Version

I would like to try the free NinjaTrader Direct version. Please tell me the limitations and a link to the page where I will be able to download this version. Thanks.

Comment

Hello vegifxtrader,

The NinjaTrader Direct license key is provided by some supported broker partenrs such as Mirus Futures and Amp Futures. If you open an account with them, you receive the Direct license key for free. Please check with the broker for the details.

You can view the limitations of the Direct license key at the link below.

You can download and install NinjaTrader from the following link.

Register as a new user and wait for the Direct license key from your broker. Subsequently, enter the license key at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.

So the license key determines if you use a Direct version or not.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes