VERY simple question - I think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY simple question - I think...

I am using the Strategy Analyzer and I am running a simple RSI Buy and Sell strategy. Problem is that I want the trade to execute at the end of the day on the DAY OF the signal, not at the open of the next market day. Please let me know if this is something you can comment on. Thanks...

Hello dunwoodyjr,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

This is the timing model for strategy order submission historically / in backtest. True conditions are submitted to the next bar following the condition. To work around this you can code an additional smaller series and submit to this series. There is a sample available that can help you with this:
    You can submit orders to different Bars objects. This allows you the flexibility of submitting orders to different timeframes. Like in live trading, taking entry conditions from a 5min chart means executing your order as soon as possible instead of waiting until the next 5min bar starts building. You can achieve this by
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With this solution, I take it I must use different time frames. I am not Live yet, so I am limited to just EOD data. I am also still learning the software code. Just need to know if am I right about the different time frames or can I use the same time frame for Primary and Secondary? That's it. Thanks...

Comment

Yes, this solution requires working with multiple time frames. The smaller time frame provides increased granularity.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes