Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation and inporting problems.

Hey Everyone,

This is really making me mad. I go to install the update and all of sudden there are errors in strategies and indicators (which were not present in .4) and I can't import until they are corrected. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing worked.

How could errors now show up? I can't add anything since there are errors. I guess I'll go back to .4.
    Last edited by Drakmyre; 05-18-2011, 02:14 AM. Reason: Information changed.

Hello Drakmyre,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

If you upgrade from version 7.0.1000.4 to version 7.0.1000.5, it should not remove your indicators. What indicators did you lose - are these 3rd party indicators, self-created indicators or default indicators?

How exactly did you upgrade to version 7.0.1000.5? Did you install version 7.0.1000.5 on top of version 7.0.1000.4?

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files as per the instructions below.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) Go to Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select any indicator and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and select Compile - all NinjaScript files will now be compiled
    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

Please post a screenshot of the entire errors that appear after compiling.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jason,

They're indicators I got off of here and include the ones related to SC Magazine. There is also one that I made with someone.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

Hello Drakmyre,

Unfortunately I am not sure why those errors are there after upgrading from version 7.0.1000.4 to version 7.0.1000.5.

What happens if you uninstall version 7.0.1000.5 and you re-install version 7.0.1000.4 - do the errors remain after compiling?

Comment

Yeah. It seems to. When I first installed 7 I had to delete some indicators because nothing would compile. Then it worked fine. I bet its the same problem and is due to some indicator not working anymore.

Comment

Can you please post a screenshot of the entire error messages that are generated after you compile your NinjaScript files - make sure the 'NinjaScript File' and 'Error' columns are extended so all information is displayed.

Comment

Hey Jason,

Will this do? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/errorsj.png/

Comment

Unfortunately, I am not sure how to debug these errors. However, you can find general debug information at the link below.

I suggest to uninstall or remove the indicators that contains errors and subsequently, re-import them once all indicators have been removed that contain errors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi  
                Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                3 responses