Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different strategies - different charts

Hello,

as I work with 3 different strategies each instrument and direction I´d like to have them seperate visible in charts to avoid confusion (eg which target or which stop refers to which position - when 2 strategies are with current position maybe).

Can I setup somehow so that eg in a 1 min EURUSD chart I have visible with chart-trader my strategy1 and in another timeframe (or even same if possible) to have visible EURUSD positions of strategy2?

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony, are you executing NinjaScript strategies only or would you trade for example with the ATM strategies as well in this setup?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Betrand,

thanks for your reply. I´d trade coded NinjaTrader Scripts, not ATM within charttrader.

At this opportunity I have an additional question. I´m running a strategy this moment and I do not see the dashed lines for profit trades and losses (in green and red color). How can I setup to see same as in strategy-analyzer.

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

If you trade NinjaScript strategies, then executions would be visualized per account, so for example to separate strategies, execute to different accounts. The target and stop levels for the Strategy Analyzer backtesting would need custom coding, they are a function of chart trader to visualize working orders for your account.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Bertrand,

there is in "Data Series" "Trades" "NinjaScript strategy profitable trade line" in DarkGreen; 2px and "....unprofitable trade line" in Crimson; 2px. "Plot executions" is on TextAndMarker.

But they are not to see in the chart when trades are realized with strategy. There are only qty, price, positionname and blue or magenta arrows. (and blue and magenta triangles)

What do I have to setup to see the green and crimson trade lines and what are the magenta and blue triangles for?

Best
          Tony

Comment

Tony,

Please create a new chart with no other scripts applied and evaluate the executions then. Make sure you are connected to a data provider, and that the strategy is enabled on the chart. The blue and magenta triangles will indicate buys and sells.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 05-19-2011, 09:03 AM.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Blue and magenta "LINES"???

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              Tony,

Please create a new chart with no other scripts applied and evaluate the executions then. Make sure you are connected to a data provider, and that the strategy is enabled on the chart. The blue and magenta lines will indicate buys and sells.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post adeelshahzad