EnterLongStop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnterLongStop

Hello. I'm beginning to use EnterLongStop and I don't know if I understand their behaviour. I think that when I put a EnterLongStop with a stop price over the actual price if the market goes to the stop price then it put a long order at this price. Moreover, when a candle finishes the LongStop order is cancelled, then if I want to maintain the order I must put the EnterLongStop another time, with the same stop price or another if I want. Is this true?

It happens that I put the order every candle and when the price is touched sometimes it cancels the order, another it works well and another it works but it filled in the same instant. What can I am making bad?

Thanks for all.

Hello alibanez,

Yes, the default behavior for orders is that they are cancelled if not they are not filled on the bar they're submitted to. You can resubmit the order each bar, or use the advanced overload that allows liveUntilCancelled.

EnterLongStop(int barsInProgressIndex, bool liveUntilCancelled, int quantity, double stopPrice, string signalName)

To track what your strategy is doing with orders, add TraceOrders = true; to your Initialize() method and view with Tools > output window.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes