Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Account" - Not filtered by connection?

Hi there,

On 6.5, when I go into the Strategy tab and create a new strategy... the "account" available to me in the drop-down box was filtered by the connections I currently was connected to.

On 7, it seems to be giving me a list of ALL accounts that I've ever used on this system. And that means accounts for a variety of connections I haven't connected to in years, and won't use again.

Is this correct behavior? Any easy way to filter out the list of accounts...? Do I have to delete the "connection" entirely?

Hi heech,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected behavior and you would not be able to filter the accounts. This is necessary for strategy persistence and so any account you had a strategy running on would be available since the strategy was applied to an account, and to maintain the integrity of the strategy is to have all applicable accounts available.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi heech,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected behavior and you would not be able to filter the accounts. This is necessary for strategy persistence and so any account you had a strategy running on would be available since the strategy was applied to an account, and to maintain the integrity of the strategy is to have all applicable accounts available.
      There are so many ways that this could've been implemented in a better way... but I'm not going to get into that. I'm just interested in a fix, since with the way I operate, this is confusing as heck. I literally have about 20 names in the "Account" drop-down right now.

Is there any way to clear this out of the database, short of deleting the database itself? (Again, I want to keep my instrument settings.) Will Reset DB get rid of it?

Comment

heech,

Resetting the database would not remove those accounts, and the only method would be to rename the database that is in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder, which would clear those accounts, as well as instrument settings, ATM strategies and other stored database items.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          heech,

Resetting the database would not remove those accounts, and the only method would be to rename the database that is in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder, which would clear those accounts, as well as instrument settings, ATM strategies and other stored database items.
          Hrm... in the past, I've reached into the database itself. I'm wondering if I might try that again here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post r68cervera  
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geddyisodin