Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timezone in session manager?

Hi,

I'm still new to some of the core concepts in NT7. I know the session manager defines times based on a specific time zone... is the application smart enough to see how the timezone is set on my operating system, and adjust accordingly?

I.e., the session manager defines a session template referencing central time. I run on pacific time, and the OS on my system is set to pacific time. Will NT7 behave correctly?

Hi heech,

Thank you for your post.

The timezone used for reference in the Session Manager is based on the exchange location that that Session Template refers to.

However, the charts are plotted based on your local time zone and the difference between the Session Templates timezone and the local timezone is offset from within a chart. So if you are locally 2 hours behind the timezone of the of the template your chart would show that difference with an offset to match the local time with the absolute value of the template.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have this follow-up question: What are the differences among timezone entries that otherwise appear to refer to the same time zone (i.e., GMT plus or minus the same amount)? Why choose one over another?

One specific question I have is, What is the correct setting for the German stock exchange, which I believe is located in Frankfort? That's GMT+01:00, and it looks like the right choice is the timezone entry that begins with Belgrade. Is that right?

Comment

Hi MikeInMA,

Thank you for your post.

When providing a list of time zones we conform to the same standard that the Windows OS uses for setting time zones.

The times are the same when noted parenthetically, and for the German Stock Exchange it would be the Belgrade option.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post z.franck  
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes