Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Historical Data B4 Rollover Date

Hi,

I am using NT7-64 bit and have a data importing problem.

I have a data file that contains the March 2011 ES contract in a text file. The file contains data for the dates 12/7/2010 through 3/9/2011. The 'official' roll-over to this contract was 12/9/2010 (a Thursday). I wanted to get a few days of data for the contract before the rollover date so the file contains data starting on 12/7. The file is named 'ES 03-11.txt. I have verified that the text contains the correct data.

When do a historical import of this data, NT7 responds that all the data was successfully imported. Further, I noted that the 1st dates to scroll by (on the lower right of the control panel) when importing were 12/7 and 12/8, the 2 days before the rollover. However, when I create a chart with a custom data range from 12/7/2010 to 3/9/2011, the chart shows all the contract data EXCEPT the 1st 2 days, i.e. the 2 days before the rollover date. What also puzzles me is that the 1st 1M bar is 23:01 of 12/8, the hour before the official rollover date.

How can I get all the data for the contract in correctly loaded into a chart? In my case, this is important for strategy development as I need a couple of days of data B4 the contract's 1st rollover date.

Hi doctore,

Thank you for your post.

The data in NinjaTrader automatically merges based on defined roll-over dates, and because of that data for a particular front month may be modified in NinjaTrader based on the roll-over dates. More information in the Merge Policies section at the following link:

The data is likely present and you will want to go to Tools > Options > Data and then change the Merge Policy to Do Not Merge and then hit OK.

Then on your chart if you right-click you can then select Reload All Historical Data.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much....works perfectly!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM