time and sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time and sales

is the blue prices in time and sales the sell orders and the green is buy? im asking because i want to change whatever the sell orders are to red and keep the buys green(if thats what they are). that way its more simple for quick viewing. also why is it not setup this way?

Hi madLyfe,

Thank you for your post.

The default settings have different colors for different types of buy and sells orders and to see the default settings you can right-click in the Time and Sales window and then select Properties. From there if you set the color choices you prefer you can then save them as Default going forward. More information at:
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok cool.. am i correct in saying that the blue is the exact opposite from forest green?

Comment

madLyfe,

The colors as defined in NinjaTrader are defined for clarity based on the number of different types of values visible in the Time and Sales. The colors themselves may not be the exact opposite but serve to differentiate between order prices, and can be edited for preference.

Comment

ok here is what im trying to do.. in TOS the t&s window only has two colors, green for buy orders and red for sell orders. i want my t&s window to be all black with only red for sell and green for buy colors of orders.. can you share with me what the settings would look like or maybe a screen shot?

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

For the time and sales window with Red and Green sell and buy colors you will set the fore colors for the bid prices to green and the fore color for ask prices to red. In between items will remain black and the background colors will remain white.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
              Hi madLyfe,

For the time and sales window with Red and Green sell and buy colors you will set the fore colors for the bid prices to green and the fore color for ask prices to red. In between items will remain black and the background colors will remain white.
              so it should look like this?:

Comment

madLyfe,

Yes, although I would suggest changing the Color for Background to White so that the text for time and sales that occur at the levels that are defined as black are not obscured by the window background.

Comment

madLyfe,

Yes, although I would suggest changing the Color for Background to White so that the text for time and sales that occur at the levels that are defined as black are not obscured by the window background.
                  well what would i use in place if i wanted the background black? white is hard on my eyes looking at it all day.. i dont really care about the levels at all i just want the text to be either red or black.. this just happened so im sure ive messed up one of the settings:

all thats important to me is size of order and color(green or red)

Comment

madLyfe,

If you wish to keep the background black you can set the Between Fore Color to white so that the text displays on the black background, and the Block alert to white so that the settings look like the screenshot attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

madLyfe,

If you wish to keep the background black you can set the Between Fore Color to white so that the text displays on the black background, and the Block alert to white so that the settings look like the screenshot attached.
                      sorry for being such a pain on this, but i just want red and green tho.. dont need any colors showing me where price is at or what its doing, just that its red for selling and green for buying..

also even with those set to white it still looks like this:

Last edited by madLyfe; 05-26-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

You can set those colors I suggested to be white back to black, and use your settings that you had provided to me in your last reply. If you are not concerned about the interim data but only want the green and red items then your settings are going to accomplish that.

Comment

You can set those colors I suggested to be white back to black, and use your settings that you had provided to me in your last reply. If you are not concerned about the interim data but only want the green and red items then your settings are going to accomplish that.
                          if i use what i have and set what you told me to set to white back to black i get those black spaces as shown in the images which is, of course because its black text on black background..

Comment

That would be expected because in the Time and Sales window those values will be displayed but the settings are obscuring their values. You can set those colors to either green or red, but since they are not necessarily buy or sell orders I suggested white initially.

Comment

That would be expected because in the Time and Sales window those values will be displayed but the settings are obscuring their values. You can set those colors to either green or red, but since they are not necessarily buy or sell orders I suggested white initially.
                              dont they have to be a buy or a sell order no matter what?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tkaboris