AEX FTI session-break time incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEX FTI session-break time incorrect

I have an issue with the session-break time for the Amsterdam AEX future called FTI ( in IB TWS it's called EOE)

The trading session for the FTI always used to be from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM local time. However since August 2010 when EuroNext divided the session into a day session (8:00 AM to 6:15 PM ) and an evening session (6:15PM to 10:00 PM) , the session-break in NinjaTrader is at 6:15PM and the evening session is not displayed anymore on the chart.
    So now in NinjaTrader the chart stops at 6:15 PM, but the (evening)session still goes on until 10:00 PM !

I checked if the problem was related with TWS, but this is not the case, the TWS chart displays correctly until 10:00 PM soI assume that NinjaTrader also gets price data until 10:00 PM.

Where does this session-break time come from ? Does EuroNext send an incorrect session-break signal ?

I would be very pleased if this can be fixed.

regards,
    Marco

Hi marcow,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is responsible for the handling of the Session Times and for the times you wish to view you will want to go to Tools > Session Manager. If you then find the Session Template you are using in the list of available templates you can change the time from 6:15 to 10:00 PM. For more information on editing a Session Template:

Then you can apply the edited instrument to the chart with the correct times.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello Ryan,

thank you for the quick reply.
      I've changed the session times in the session template used for this future and everything is fine now, problem solved !

Marco

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes