Cannot connect to Zen-Fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to Zen-Fire!

I am getting frustrated, so pardon my urgency. I am new to Ninja Trader, but not new to computers. I have an account with Mirus Futures and they use Zen-Fire as the data feed provider. I am able to connect to my Mirus sim account OK and get current data on my charts when it connects. However, the Price Feed is not connecting so I get no realtime price data.

The caveat is -- sometimes I do get price data after about 30 mins of connection time. I go to the DOM window and change the instrument to something else and boom -- prices start feeding in for the rest of the time I'm connected. If I disconnect from Mirus and reconnect, I go through the whole 30 minute thing again.

Today though, I connected at 8:50amET and still as of now (10:15am) I have not received any price data. This is really frustrating, because I have talked extensively with my ISP and we walked through setting up my DSL modem/router with no firewall, DMZ on, and port-forwarding for ports 45454, 56000, 64100 and 65000. I talked with Mirus and they have no ideas. I talked with NT support, no ideas there either. And neither of them knows a phone number for Zen-Fire tech support. I am at a loss here... can anyone else help?

One other thing -- when I'm not getting any price data, I get a message in the log every 90 seconds:

11/16/2007 10:14:40 AM Connection Mirus: Primary connection=Connected Price feed=ConnectionLost
    11/16/2007 10:14:40 AM Connection Mirus: Primary connection=Connected Price feed=Connected

However, once price data starts up, that ConnectionLost stops happening. What the @#&*@ is going on with this connection??

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Here is the trace file from this morning (with market data after 10:55am) if that will help.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Attached Files
    cassb

Comment

Someone please help me. I need to have a tech person do some traces or something to determine where the hangup in my connection is occurring. Just now tonight, I connected to Zen-Fire at 22:33EST. I got no price data until it suddenly began coming in at 22:41:18:734. During that 8 minutes I was simply reading and responding to email - I did nothing to my router, firewall, setup, etc. Then there was no price data for

I'm afraid to turn off my computer or even disconnect from Mirus for fear of not having price data again.

What is up?

I have a trace file of the whole time period tonight, and I had all boxes checked so everything got dumped into the trace file. Can someone please look at it for me and see if they can tell me anything?

Thank you!
      Bryan
      cassb

Comment

Trying or finding or using a new ISP is an unacceptable answer. Why would you pass the buck like that to the ISP? They have nothing to do with the problem. Trace the connection and find the answer.
        cassb

Comment

I'm getting data today. It seems the sim.com account for demo use have limited bandwidth or something. When I use my live account it seems to work. So much for "try before you buy."
          cassb

Comment

Maybe SIM server overload, because they gave out too many SIM accounts?

Comment

Connecting

Hello,

Thank you for reporting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920