Trend channel tool zoom-in problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend channel tool zoom-in problem

If I use the trend channel tool on a "squeezed" chart, that is, using say a 20min with the bars as close together as possible in order to get the most bars on the monitor, then I zoom into the chart for closeups, the trend channel will disappear....however, other trendlines, pitchforks, etc are still there as you would expect. I only started using this tool yesterday, so maybe I'm missing something. All you have to do to recreate the problem is to draw a channel, and then expand the chart and watch the lines go away.BTW, for my technical methodology that I employ, the trend channel is extremely useful...more so than any other tool in the entire suite except for the pitchfork tool...

Hello paulm268,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to our Forums!

I was not able to replicate this issue.

Would you be able to post a screen shot of how your Trend Chanel is plotted so I can test again?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and save the file as an attachment in your next post.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Attached is a 20 min silver chart with trend channel lines drawn. I set the properties to include an additional -100% line to complete the symmetry. After drawing the initial channel lines, then just expand the chart.
      Attached Files

Comment

I neglected to mention that I was using Ninja Rev 7.0.1000.5 on a pc that is running 64-bit, Windows 7

Comment

After diddling with the trend channel tool a bit more, I have found that if you have anchored your starting point A and then move the cursor to a point B that if those points "go off" the chart when expanding the chart that the entire trend channel chart disappears.....that should not happen since other structures such as straight trend lines do not exhibit the same behavior.....but, at least, I know how to do a "get around"......just move the point A and point B closer in so they stay on the chart when expanding.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I apologize in my delay in response.

I was able to replicate this issue, however I can also replicate this with other drawing tools. Objects with more than 2 anchor points can disappear while scrolling when either anchor point is far away from the display range. It is possible to have both anchors off the visible range, but still have the object and as you scroll a little bit then to have the line disappear despite both anchors still being outside the visible range.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lorem
            by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            4 responses