Indicator problem in replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator problem in replay

In my workspace, one of the charts includes a DMIndex indicator in its own panel, with horizontal lines manually added to mark zones that I watch. The lines are locked, and in the live market I can save NT at the end of the day and reopen it the next day to find all the lines as I left them. But when I switch to market replay mode, all those lines disappear. If I position them on the indicator again, and then move the fast-forward slider on the Replay controler, the lines disappear again.

Is there a way to save/lock these lines so they stay put in replay as they do for live connection?

Hi marshall,

It likely depends how the indicator is coded and its interaction with historical / real time data. Can you please share a code snippet we can use that shows this effect here? If you did not write the indicator and source code is not available, best bet is to contact the author.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan-

There's no coding involved here. I just go to drawing tools, select horizontal line, and click on the indicator panel to place it. Then dbl-click to open the horizontal line properties to set color, weight, and lock. That line will disappear when I switch to market replay.

To put it another way- if I draw a line on the indicator pane in market replay, then save the workspace, then close and reopen the workspace with a live connection, the line will still be there. But if I switch the connection to market replay, the line is gone, even though it was created in saved while in market replay mode originally.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately this is a current limitation. Drawing objects placed before making the market replay connection are not available. We are currently tracking this suggestion with ID # 1007. Thanks for your input here.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes