Strategy Analyzer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Problem

I'm starting to get a feel for building basic strategies through the Strategy Wizard but for some reason any strategy I make will only backtest the ES 06-11 instrument? I've followed all the steps in the NinjaTrader Help to backtest an instrument but there is no other information to troubleshoot this issue I've been able to find??? Its probably something simple but at this point I need some help identifying the issue.
    Thanks

Hello hothomas,

Thank you for your note.

Can you please try Right Clicking instruments in right panel of the Strategy Analyzer window and then selecting Backtest to backtest instruments other than the ES?

Please let me know if you are able to do so.

Comment

Do you mean right click instruments in the left panel of the strategy analyzer and if so I have done this already many times to no avail???

Comment

Hello hothomas,

Yes, I did mean left panel and not right.

Can you please clarify what happens when right clicking other instruments in the left panel of the Strategy Analyzer window?

Comment

When I right click the instrument I get a menu of things like backtest and optimize, etc...I choose back test and then on the right side of strategy analyzer a window pops out in the top right corner that has the parameters to change to what I like and choose the strategy from a drop down list on top of that window. Once these options are selected I click backtest at the bottom of the pop out window and the only numbers I ever see are zeros in all the fields of the summary page. It doesn't matter what instrument I choose, whether I change the dates or the time parameters....nothing works??? Just the ES 06-11 which works fine with any strategy I have created. I've even run the optimizer on the ES instrument. Thanks

Comment

Hello hothomas,

Thank you for the clarification.

Can you please try using a pre-configured strategy in lieu of your custom strategy, for example the, "SampleMACrossOver" and see if you receive results for that strategy on a new instrument?

Comment

I've tried every combination including the samples to no avail? I just retried to make sure and still all zeros? Somethings wrong in the settings I think. Its almost as if the default instrument in the ES 11-06 for everything. Thanks for not giving up on this issue and the quick responses.

Comment

Hello hothomas,

Please send a not to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN James in the Subject line and a link to this thread in the body of your message so I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Okay. Will Do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                  8 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                  10 responses