Split not Displaying Correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split not Displaying Correctly

Hello. See this Chart of HOLX. As you can see from the screenshot there was a factor 2 split on 4/3/2009 but it is not displaying correctly on the 15 min chart. However it displays fine on the daily chart. What gives? This is messing with my back testing results. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Hello spiralhead,

Can you please tell me if you manually entered this split or did you load it automatically when you clicked 'Update splits & dividends' button? If you clicked the 'Update splits & dividends' button, please tell me to what data feed you were connected.

Am I correct you are connected to the same data feed when you load historical minute and daily data?

Does it make a difference if you right click the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Does it load data as expected as per the split of 4/3/2008?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. I used the 'update spilts and dividends' button to get the split data. I was connected to Kinetick when I updated the split data. And yes I also was connected to Kinetick when I loaded the Minute data. The split on 4/3/2008 loads correctly. 'Reaload All Historical Data' doesn't work. I tried that already. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and check if 'Adjust for splits' is enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Thank you for clarifying.

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and check if 'Adjust for splits' is enabled.
          Yes it is enabled. Do you think there is a bug when more than one split exists on the same chart?

Comment

Hello spiralhead,

It seems the split at 4/3/2009 is incorrectly loaded - it should only load the split at 4/3/2008. When I load HOLX data without any splits applied, data around April 2009 is loaded around the same price, while I see a gap during April 2008. When I load split data while connected to Yahoo, I do not load the split at 4/3/2009 either.

Can you please proceed as follows. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab and remove all historical data currently present in NinjaTrader.

Subsequently, go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the HOLX and click Edit. Remove the split at 4/3/2009. Click OK and OK in the Instrument Manager. Restart NinjaTrader.

Connect to Kinetick and create a new minute chart for the HOLX and check if data is loaded as expected.

Comment

Can you please proceed as follows. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab and remove all historical data currently present in NinjaTrader.
              I have thousands of symbols in there it would take me all day to delete them because there doesn't seem to be any way to do it other than deleting them one at a time. However I did delete the HOLX entry.

Connect to Kinetick and create a new minute chart for the HOLX and check if data is loaded as expected.
              I was pleased to see this DID fix the minute chart. However as you can see in the screenshot it seems to have messed up the daily chart.
              Attached Files

Comment

Are you experiencing the split issue with all other instruments as well?

Good to hear it fixed the minute chart.

Does it make a difference if you right click in the daily chart and you select 'Reload All Historical Data' or if you create a brand new chart via Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart?

If not, please delete the daily data in the Historical Data Manager as well and load new daily data now that only one split is defined.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elirion
                by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                0 responses