X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can multiple timeframes be used in MA?

If I use the line

Add(PeriodType.Minutes, 1);

in some code and apply it to the Market Analyzer, then NinjaTrader crashes. Is this normal? Does Market Analyzer not allow multiple timeframes/datastreams?

Thanks

bubblegum, what NT release version # are you using (Help > About)? It should work with a MultiSeries indicator as well and not crash, so if you could send trace / log files via Help > Mail to Support to me I would be appreciative and take a look into further.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

update intervals

NT support,

I am using Market analyzer with sessions settings on 12:00am to 12:00am...

presuming i am using a 3hr(180minute) and a 5hr(300minute) indicator under that setting...
      setting the calculateonbarclose to TRUE would essentially update the 3hr indicator at 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 etc;.... and update the 5hr indicator at 05:00 10:00 15:00 etc;

ie; the 180minute indicator would update at 3hr intervals starting at 12:00am....

can you confirm this?

Thx

Comment

That would be correct mystiq, it's essentially the same as on the charts - however you need to keep in mind NT is event based and not time based, which means the candle would close once the open tick of the new one is received.

Comment

daily value

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          That would be correct mystiq, it's essentially the same as on the charts - however you need to keep in mind NT is event based and not time based, which means the candle would close once the open tick of the new one is received.

..thx..

omq..

I am just in the need of the end-of-day (daily) value of an indicator(stochrsi)...that is current(updated) by 9-10pm the latest...my session times are from 12:00am to 12:00am...NT 6.5

(" ...which means the candle would close once the open tick of the new one is received." )

If i were to use TimeFrame of DAILY, it would not update until, - the open tick of the new candle is rcv'd, which is NEXT day when the open tick{market opens} is rcv'd? Is this correct to assume? If so, to get the updated DAILY value same day, it would be best to use TImeFrame of Minutes(390/420)?

P>S>I know I can set calculateon barclose to FALSE and see THE most current value, but I am trying to minimize cpu processing time by setting calculateonbarclose to TRUE

P>P>S>S>Does the same principle apply to the MONTHLY value~if I were to use TimeFrame of Minutes(7800)?
          Last edited by mystiq; 06-09-2011, 02:42 AM. Reason: modify

Comment

Yes, if you do not wish to run on CalculateOnBarClose = false you could use a long minute series that would allow you access the needed value at the close or shortly before it, as this series would then update as you need. The same could be applied to longer frames as well to emulate.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Yes, if you do not wish to run on CalculateOnBarClose = false you could use a long minute series that would allow you access the needed value at the close or shortly before it, as this series would then update as you need. The same could be applied to longer frames as well to emulate.
              >>Thx>>

omq:
              i have a custom indy for Market Analyzer..can I edit/modify the indy(original), save it under a different name(copy), then continue to use the original indy while editing the copy indy to my specific changes? or just make a copy of original indy and rename it after modifications? would this cause conflicts to use BOTH original AND copy indy's in Market Analyzer at the same time , where the only changes are that one indicator switched for another?

Comment

The best way would be creating a differently named copy first and then doing your changes in this code to not interfere with the old version you would want to start from.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes