NT7 Boot Fails after Win7 SP1 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Boot Fails after Win7 SP1 Update

Last night, Win7 installed some updates, including Win7 Service Pack 1. This AM, Ninja fails to boot at all. I never even get to the Ninjatrader splash screen.

Do you have any info on this? NT was working fine yesterday before the updates.

Hello mikesch,

Thank you for your post.

If you need to get NinjaTrader up and running right away, you will only need to do step one.
    1.)Uninstall SP1 by following these instructions.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w.../uninstall-sp1

Otherwise, to fully upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.5, complete all the steps below.

1.)Uninstall SP1 by following these instructions.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w.../uninstall-sp1

2.) If you have previously installed a 3rd party commercial indicator or strategy via a vendor provided installer program please uninstall these components via the vendor provided uninstaller or the Windows Control Panel "Uninstall or change a program" (might be named Add/Remove Programs)

3.) Start NinjaTrader 7

4.) From within the Control Center window, select the menu File > Utilities > Remove NS Assembly

5.) Within the "Remove NinjaScript Assembly" window, remove all items listed in this window

6.) Close NinjaTrader

7.) Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via Windows Control Panel "Uninstall or change a program" (might be named Add/Remove Programs)

The next two steps involve the deletion of files related to 3rd party indicators or strategies. Your custom scripts and user data such as trade, chart, workspace data and templates will be maintained.

8.) Delete the following folder if it exists
    • 32-bit PC – "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7"
    • 64-bit PC – "C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7"

9.) Delete all files (not folders) within the folder "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom".

10.) Your current installation is now ready for upgrade: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

You can then re-install Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What about the 3rd Party Indicators?

I am about to embark on uprading to Win7 SP1 and am trying to read up about just what needs to be done to get NT7 to work under Win7 SP1.

First, I think you should make the following thread a Sticky since I see many questions regarding NT7 and Win7 SP1 in this forum.

Second, your instructions are very clear about what you need to do with regards to partially uninstalling NT 7.0.1000.x (x being a version prior to 4) and then reinstalling NT7 7.0.1000.LatestVersion. In other words I follow you through step 10. However, what about the 3rd party indicators that we uninstalled in steps 2, 8, and 9?

Do we re-install the 3rd party indicators immediately afrer the installation of the latest version of NT or should we install Win7 SP1 first? Does it make any difference?

I would like to upgrade to the latest version of NT with the 3rd party indicators first, test to make sure everything is working, and then upgrade to Win7 SP1. Is that possible or do you need to upgrade to Win7 SP1 and then add the 3rd party indcators?

Comment

Hi cborjon,

Great question!

I'd recommend getting the service pack 1 installation out of the way if only because it will take longer. That said, it doesn't really matter which order you go with.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post geddyisodin  
        Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes