Market Analyzer interfering with IB Trader Workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer interfering with IB Trader Workstation

I have a Market Analyzer populated with 70 instruments with basic HiLowLast indicators and it appears to be interfering with my Interactive Broker Trader Workstation display. Specifically, when I open OptionTrader for an instrument and get a list of options by month/strike, when I select an option to place an order, I get "?" question marks across all columns for that option. When I try to place the order, it tells me it does not have a quote for this option. When I disconnect NinjaTrader from IB, all the "?" go away and I'm able to place my order.

It also corrupts my main Portfolio display.

I noticed this behavior under NT 6.5 too.

It appears there is some kind of memory corruption going on. This is very frustrating and any insight is greatly appreciated.

I have attached images showing this corruption.

NinjaTrader V7.0.0.20

Thx!
    Attached Files

Hi jeddah62,

Thanks for your post.

This isn't something I've seen reported before. Before we go any further, I'd like you to upgrade to the current release of NinjaTrader 7, 7.0.1000.6 and make sure that you're using TWS build 917.

You may download the current release of NinjaTrader here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

You may download TWS 917 here: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...tall_917_8.exe
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Will do. I'll update you after completing the upgrades.

thx

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I've upgraded both TWS and NT to the versions you specified, rebooted my system and the issue still exists.

I want to add that I'm running windows XP Pro and in NT, I only have 2 charts. The problem seems to be related to the number of instruments in the Market Analyzer. I thought the limit was 100 but I'm only at 70.

Comment

Hello jeddah62,

Thanks for testing that out.

I need you to follow up with me via a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com which includes 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and very specific step-by-step instructions which will allow me to recreate the issue. Please also include the specifics of what I'd need to do within TWS as I'm not fully familiar with the operation of the TWS platform itself.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will do Kyle, thx for the help!!

Comment

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone else that comes across this issue. IB has a 100 symbol subscription to their datafeed that includes TraderWorkstation (TWS) and Ninjatrader. Each open window in TWS adds to the total subscription count like your portfolio, option trader, etc. In my case, this included the 70 symbols I had in MarketAnalyzer. The trick is in TWS, open a new blank tab (no symbols), and make this the active TWS window. Then you can open OptionTrader (try to limit the months/strikes as they count against the limit) and you should be able to place your order without seeing the ???? across the order quote elements. If this does not make sense, just all IB support as they are well versed with this issue. NinjaTrader support should pick up on this too so they understand how they interact with TWS.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post loganjarosz123  
              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Belfortbucks