Remove Old NJ version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Old NJ version

Hi, sometime ago I installed NJ ver v.5.2.1005 (really old) on my XP system and when a newer version was released, I installed it without removing the old one (as a backup).

Later, when I wanted to remove the old version, using the Windows control panel, it tells me that it can not find "Ninja Trader.Install.msi" files and can not be removed. I was thinking of downloading and re-installing v.5.2.1005 again so that I will have the file that the system was looking for. But the oldest ver on your website is v5.2.1007, not the ver I want.

Question: Do you think my method will work? And if yes, where can I get v5.2.1005? Thanks.

AllanH

Not sure if this would work. But if it would then it even would with 5.0.2.1007. I suggest giving it a try.

Comment

Installation and Licensing

Hello Allen,

I recommend checking for NinjaTrader in the locations below.

1) Local C Disk -> Program Files -> NinjaTrader 5

If you do not see this file, then complete the search steps below to ensure NinjaTrader 5 has been completely removed.

Delete any NinjaTrader installation files if you saved them. This can be done from going to Start -> My Computer -> Search button -> search for (NinjaTrader*) -> selcet Local C Disk and then press search.

Comment

I tried to install v5.2.1007 after removing all NJ related files as suggested with no success.

I think the installation process want to remove the older version first before proceeding with the newer version and when it can't find the "Install.msi", it aborts.

I suppose I can use the roll-back recovery feature in XP but because I've made so many changes (new application progs) since, it would be messy and time consuming.

I think another way to remove it is to go into the System Registry to manually edit it out which I am not too confident in doing and could potentially cause a bigger mess. Can someone out there give some help in this regard?

Thanks,

AllanH

Comment

Hi Allan:

Please try the procedure Chris outlined below, but first, make sure you attempt to uninstall from Windows Control Panel > Add/ Remove Programs prior to deleting the NT 5 folder.

Let us know if the problem persists by sending to support @ ninjatrader dot com and we can further investigate (request log files, etc.)

Best regards,
          RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

As you can see in my previous posts, that is exactly what I am trying to do - Remove Ninja Trader 5 using Windows control panel - without luck and after followed all suggestions thus far.

Alllan.

Comment

Hi Allan:

Sorry to beat a dead horse on this, but we maybe out of ideas.

I will need to forward to our development team and request their insight on how we could proceed.

We will post a reply by Monday letting you know if we have further suggestions for you.

Best regards,
              RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to all who responded to my post. This isn't exactly a Ninja Trader problem. I just thought someone in this forum might have had experienced it.

Allan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes