System.Speech Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System.Speech Error

I'm getting an error using identical code to that which works fine in Visual Studio.
    using System.Speech.Synthesis
    I'm referencing the speech.dll assembly in the Framework 4.0
    There are no compile errors so I assume that, in spite of what it reports, it is finding the assembly:

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'SgSpeech' on bar 0: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Speech, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

sgordet, I would not be familiar with it unfortunately, but would look into referencing the suitable DLL from .NET 3.5 instead.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Bertrand.
      You were right. NT refuses to find a reference in 4.0.
      For some reason, I don't have a reference to the speech.dll in the 3.5 framework (I googled it and others have had the same issue); however, I referenced the 3.0 framework (which had it) and it worked.
      Unfortunately, I can't say that it worked well. Processing stopped in the code for that chart while the words were spoken. Do you know if code processing is also stopped in my other charts while the words are being spoken for this chart or by its nature should each of the chart code run independently? I have a very fast 64 bit multi-core computer with 10GB RAM so processor speed shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

I would unfortunately not have experiences working with this C# dll, I suggest you simplify your code and setup and recheck to see what's contributing here to it.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes